Related services and key industries
David Hawkins is a real estate lawyer based in London. He has extensive experience of all areas of commercial real estate law, with a particular focus on inward investment and large-scale mixed-use development projects.
David acts for investors, owners, developers and occupiers on projects across a range of sectors, including offices, industrial buildings, student accommodation and residential mixed use schemes.
- B.A. in Law, Bristol University
- Distinction in the Legal Practice Course, College of Law
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- German open-ended fund Commerz Real – advised on the forward funding and joint venture arrangements for a c.740,000 square foot extension to the Westfield London Shopping Centre. Upon completion, it will be the largest shopping centre in Europe
- Ashby Capital – advised on its forward funding of a 100,000 square foot office building in Slough (as part of the Heart of Slough regeneration) and its option arrangements over the remaining two phases of development
- Asian investor – supported on the acquisition of 7 and 8 St James's Square, London for a combined total of £245.9m. Number 8 St James's Square is a multi-award winning building with private terraces and views on the square, providing 62,200 square foot of modern office space, including the highest office rent per square foot in London. Number 7 is a 30,000 square foot Edwin Lutyens-designed mansion that fronts on to St James's Square.
- DP World – advised on various aspects of the development of the London Gateway Port and c. 900 acre logistics and business park at Thurrock Essex. This included the joint venture arrangements with Prologis for the development of the first shed on the logistics park and the relocation of the Thameshaven branch line
- City of London – guided on the option and joint venture arrangements with Helical Bar for the development of a c. 275,000 square foot office development at Creechurch Place, London EC3
- Singaporean investor – advised on the acquisition of a portfolio of student accommodation properties in Bristol, Manchester, Nottingham and Newcastle, comprising over 750 beds
- BNP Paribas – supported on a number of investment and development finance transactions, including those for the redevelopment of 7-10 Hanover Square and Eland House, Victoria
- Heron Corporation – guided on the redevelopment of land at Milton Court EC2, to erect a new 36-storey mixed-use tower comprising a new Guildhall School of Music and Drama, with residential apartments above it. This was the largest residential development in the City for 30 years
- Eco World – advised on a £2bn joint venture with Ballymore Properties for one of the three large-scale London residential opportunities, comprising two 50-storey towers at Arrowhead Quay in the London Docklands
- D2 Private – assisted with a number of projects, including the acquisition, redevelopment and subsequent disposal of 11/12 St James's Square, London and the acquisition, management and disposal of Waterside House Paddington to a consortium of Korean investors.
- City of London Law Society Land Law Committee
- Investment Property Forum
- Westminster Property Forum