Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
- Litigation and disputes
- International arbitration
- Regulation and investigations
- Banking and finance disputes
Key industry sectors
Oliver Jamieson is a banking disputes and investigations lawyer based in London.
He qualified with us in September 2009 and worked in our Bahrain and Dubai offices before relocating back to London in December 2015. Oliver focuses on cross-border commercial litigation and regulatory investigations for financial institutions.
His recent work has included: advising a client on an injunction application in the English Commercial Court; advising a global financial institution on a UNCITRAL arbitration; and advising a global financial institution on its global monitorship.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Advised a trustee on its US$3bn plus claim on the Ukraine's eurobond default in December 2015, listed as one of The Lawyer's Top 20 Cases for 2017
- Acted for a global financial institution on its global monitorship concerning its AML and sanctions controls
- Advised a Middle East-based oil and gas company on an inter partes injunction application in the English Commercial Court to prevent funds being released from an escrow account
- Supported a global financial institution in a UNCITRAL arbitration relating to its attempts to recover approximately US$70m from a defaulting Saudi Arabian borrower in the technology sector
- Advised a global financial institution on its attempts to recover approximately US$80m from a defaulting UAE-based borrower in the oil and gas sector
- Assisted an international professional services firm with an internal investigation into the practices and operations of one of its Middle East offices
- Advised the CEO of a DFSA-regulated company regarding an investigation by the DFSA into the company’s operations and compliance with the DFSA regulations
- Advised a Dubai government-owned master developer in a DIAC arbitration brought against it relating to a US$75m claim
- Assisted an international professional services firm with an LCIA arbitration relating to a dispute with a former senior member of the Middle East team.