Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Nicolas is a corporate lawyer based in London. He has been involved in a wide variety of general corporate transactions. Nicolas has acted on cross-border M&A transactions, acquisitions, joint-ventures and corporate restructuring transactions.
Nicolas studied at the London School of Economics and Political Science, completed the legal practice course at BPP law school and joined the practice in September 2008. Since joining the practice Nicolas has spent four months on secondment in our Hong Kong office and four months in our Paris office and is now based in London.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Advising Galeries Lafayette on the unsuccessful acquisition of the House of Fraser group.
- Advising The Renewables Infrastructure Group on its acquisition of a solar asset on the Isle of Wight.
- Advising BP on the sale of its LPG businesses in the UK, Netherlands, Turkey, Poland, Austria, Portugal, South Africa and China.
- Advising a private equity fund on multiple acquisitions of wind farms in Northern Ireland, Scotland and the UK.
- Advising Ivanhoé Cambridge on its £100,000,000 investment in a property acquisition partnership with Residential Land and Apollo Global Real Estate Management.
- Advising BMW AG on its €678 million acquisition of ING’s car leasing and fleet management business which operates in eight jurisdictions in Europe. The acquisition was conducted by way of an auction process.
- Advising a Mongolian investment company in relation to its preparation for listing on AIM.
- Advising on the financial restructuring of a Democratic Republic of Congo mining company and on its preparation for listing on one of the UK markets.
- Advising F&C Asset Management plc in relation to a shareholder requisition made on behalf of Sherborne Investors GP, LLC under section 303 of the Companies Act 2006. The requisition proposed resolutions for the removal of two directors from office and the appointment of three new directors. The general meeting was held on 3 February 2011 and all proposed resolutions were passed.
- Advising a large Hong Kong-based bank on its proposed acquisition of McLaren Automotive’s road car business. The acquisition ultimately did not take place.
- Advising F&C Asset Management plc in relation to its £56.3 million acquisition of Thames River Capital, a London-based asset management business that provides specialist products and services to wholesale and wealth management clients.
- Advising F&C Asset Management plc in relation to the proposed takeover of an Austrian listed company. The takeover ultimately did not take place.