Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Tal Geron is a dispute resolution and litigation lawyer based in London. He focuses on general commercial and banking disputes, and has experience of advising governments, financial institutions and corporations on a broad range of domestic and international matters.
Tal has experience of all forms of dispute resolution, including High Court litigation, extradition proceedings, arbitration, and mediation.
Tal has previously worked in our Paris and Hong Kong offices and undertaken secondments to the in-house litigation and investigations teams of two major international banks.
Tal is also a Solicitor-Advocate with higher rights of audience in the courts of England and Wales (Higher Courts Civil Proceedings).
Tal is a former winner of the London Universities Mooting Competition and the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition (French rounds), having been awarded the prize for 'Best Advocate' and competing in the International Rounds in Washington, DC.
- King's College London, English Law and French Law LLB (Hons)
- Université de Paris 1 (Panthéon-Sorbonne), Maîtrise en droits français et anglais
- BPP Law School, LPC
- BPP Law School, Higher Rights of Audience (Higher Courts Civil Proceedings)
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Solicitor, Advocate (Higher Courts Civil Proceedings)
- Advising on public international law issues in a US$3bn+ claim about the Ukraine's eurobond default in December 2015, The Law Debenture Trust Corporation plc v Ukraine FL-2106-000002, listed in The Lawyer's Top 20 Cases for 2017
- Acting in fraud-related extradition proceedings raising human rights issues under Articles 3, 5 and 6 of the ECHR and allegations against states of torture, political corruption and rendition
- Advising on asylum and refugee claims under the UNHCR Refugee Convention
- Advising on extradition to the US
- Acting for an African bank in proceedings against a European tobacco group that included obtaining summary judgment from the High Court worth in excess of €160m (FBN Bank (UK) Limited v Leaf Tobacco A. Michailides  EWHC 3017)
- Assisting a global bank on a large-scale international money laundering internal investigation involving the FCA and DOJ
- Assisting with the defence of a claim before the Technology and Construction Court over a waste plant in Essex involving multiple issues of design, construction and composition of waste (Essex County Council v UBB)
- Acting for an international bank in a US$280m valuation dispute under the 1992 ISDA Master Agreement brought by an Icelandic bank on the close-out of a substantial derivatives book shortly after the collapse of Lehman Brothers
- Acting for an asset manager on allegations of negligence over investments made during the 2008 Financial Crisis
- Acting for a European bank in a claim for restitution relating to the invalidity of swaps entered into with Italian municipalities
- Advising a syndicate of lenders on their security enforcement rights following various events of default under a €50m commodity finance agreement entered into with Russian and Kazakh entities
- The Supreme Court's decision on contractual interpretation in the case of Rainy Sky SA v Kookmin Bank  UKSC 50
- "Extradition update - forum bar" on the introduction of a new forum bar under the Extradition Act 2003
- "The Court of Justice of the European Union considers the principle of "ne bis in idem" (double jeopardy) in Zoran Spasic"
- "Mis-selling and Limitation Periods" following the English High Court's decision in the case of Kays Hotels Ltd v Barclays Bank Plc  EWHC 1927 (Comm), Banking and Finance Disputes Review, October 2014
- Panel speaker on State Immunity at In-House Litigation Clinic 2019, hosted by Norton Rose Fulbright
- Young Public International Law Group (YPILG)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- London Solicitors' Litigation Association (LSLA)
- Liberty - Tal is also a regular volunteer on the Advice Line at Liberty providing advice to clients on human rights-related issues