Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Emerging markets
- Energy and infrastructure M&A
- Private equity and venture capital
Sebastian Frech is a corporate lawyer based in the Munich office.
He has more than 12 years' experience of advising on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, infrastructure deals, as well as private equity and venture capital investments.
Besides transactional work, Sebastian provides advice to decision makers in the areas of corporate law, joint ventures, distribution and contract law and corporate governance/compliance. He frequently advises on spin-offs, reorganisations and restructurings, minority participations and equity-based management compensation.
His clients include strategic and institutional investors, numerous international corporations and private equity funds, as well as German SMEs and start/scale-ups. Sebastian's recent advisory focus included, in particular, transactions driven by transition in the energy, transport and mobility sectors. He also advises clients from the DACH Region on projects and joint ventures in numerous African jurisdictions.
Sebastian studied law and economics in Bayreuth (degree in economics), Munich (law degree), St. Gallen and New York.
He is a German native speaker and is fluent in English and French.
- a Swiss utility, as well as the management of its target, on the sale of a service provider and project planner for CHP and gas engines
- a business travel start-up on a two-digit million financing round lead by a leading US Venture Capital fund
- the founding partners of a Munich-based multiplayer technology start-up on the sale of its company to a multinational technology company headquartered in London, including re-investment of the founders in the purchaser
- a Swiss utility on the purchase of a service provider and project planner for CHP and gas engines
- the founding shareholders of an e-commerce company on its sale to leading private equity funds by way of a private auction sale process, including a return participation
- a leading manufacturer of heating, cooling and hot water solutions for a joint venture in the area of logistics
- a global energy company in numerous venture capital investments in the areas of digital energy solutions, storage and e-mobility in Germany, Europe and Israel
- a worldwide leading chip manufacturer on numerous venture capital transactions (Seed, Series-A to Series-C) in Germany, e.g. in the areas of Big Data, IoT, wearable technologies, drones or thin-film solar modules
- a Swiss utility's innovation fund on numerous venture capital investments in Germany, including startups active in the areas of metering, storage or energy trading
- a leading company builder on numerous ventures with listed companies, as well as German SME's, e.g. in the areas of mobility concepts, energy efficiency and various platform business models
- various startup companies on their respective formation, early-stage and growth financing rounds, as well as on legal issues relating to operational businesses, including distribution and general contract law
- a major global bank on the acquisition of a minority stake in a German mobile payment provider and on a subsequent merger of the mobile payment provider with a competitor
- a VC unit of a leading energy company on the structuring and implementation of a long-term management incentive plan
- a joint venture between an energy supplier and a hardware manufacturer in the field of e-mobility on drafting various customer contracts and products
- a German solar company on numerous utility-scale solar projects in various African countries, including concession agreements and long-term power supply contracts (PPA's)
- private equity funds on the acquisition of a majority stake in a leading German motorcycle helmet manufacturer
- a German motorcycle helmet manufacturer on the acquisition of a producer and supplier for high-end racing helmets
- an international insurance broker on the acquisition of a majority stake in a leading German insurance distribution group for specialty insurances
- a German insurance group on the acquisition of a majority stake in a German FinTech company
- the owner family of a manufacturer of system components for household appliances selling the company by way of an asset deal to a Chinese conglomerate
- a Chinese solar module manufacturer on its acquisition of a German solar company out of insolvency
- a private equity fund on the sale of various specialty casting companies
- a listed German automobile and motorcycle manufacturer on the sale of an IT consulting company
- a consortium of a leading Austrian construction company and an energy company entering the German geothermal market and jointly developing a geothermal project in Bavaria
- the investment company of a leading global turbine manufacturer investing in a 400 megawatt offshore wind farm in the German North Sea, including negotiations with other investors
- a global leading Canadian asset manager on the acquisition of a Franco-German project developer for wind farms, including a gigawatt pipeline, within the scope of an auction sale process
- various joint ventures in the wind and solar sector in Europe between project developers, energy suppliers and infrastructure funds
- an infrastructure fund on due diligence and regulatory issues for planned investment in a battery storage project in Germany
- a Finnish investor on its investment in Germany's largest geothermal project
- various asset managers of leading German insurers on the acquisition of numerous onshore wind portfolios (totaling several hundred megawatts)
Sebastian Frech was recently selected by her/his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers™ in Germany 2022 in the field of Mergers and Acquisition Law.
- Case study: Negotiation of PPAs and investment protection for renewables projects in western and central Africa, annual Renewable Energy conference 2018, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, Frankfurt, April 18, 2018
- Long-term Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) for solar projects in Angola, Ghana, Ivory Coast and Kenya, Intersolar Conference, Munich, May 14, 2019.
June 27, 2022
Norton Rose Fulbright berät TU Darmstadt bei der Umsetzung des Modells „IP for Shares“ für Start-ups und Ausgründungen durch Gründerteams
February 14, 2022
February 14, 2022
Webinar | July 08, 2021
Webinar | August 26, 2021
Publication | May 07, 2021
Webinar | June 10, 2021