Related services and key industries
Susanna Rogers is an antitrust, competition and regulatory lawyer based in London. Her practice focuses on contentious competition and regulatory matters.
Susanna advises regulated utilities on price control challenges and other significant decisions by way of judicial review and appeals to the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA). She has been involved in three regulatory appeals to the CMA in the electricity sector in recent years and has particular experience advising clients during UK competition investigations by the CMA and the UK sector regulators.
Susanna has previously worked at the UK sector regulator where she was responsible for a wide range of competition and regulatory matters, including price controls, competition investigations and licence enforcement. Susanna draws upon this experience in advising clients on their ongoing strategic engagements with the authorities.
- BA (Hons) Geography, University of Nottingham, 2000
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School, 2001
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School, 2002
- Higher Courts (All Proceedings) Qualification, 2006
- Postgraduate Diploma in EC Competition Law, 2007
- Postgraduate Diploma in Economics for Competition Law, 2008
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Solicitor,Advocate, qualified in England & Wales 2004
- National Grid - on a variety of contentious regulatory matters including in relation to the RIIO price controls
- SONI Limited - on a successful regulatory appeal before the Competition and Markets Authority concerning its 2015-2020 price control
- Electricity North West Limited - with appeals by (1) British Gas Trading Limited and (2) Northern Powergrid to the Competition and Markets Authority concerning Ofgem's RIIO-ED1 price control determinations for electricity lines distribution companies in 2015
- Data energy services provider - on a strategy for challenging certain decisions by Ofgem connected to smart metering
- Leading international bank - on an investigation by the Competition and Markets Authority launched in 2018
- Leading international bank - on the European Commission's investigation into alleged manipulation of the FOREX benchmark
- European corporate and investment bank - on the European Commission's investigation into allegations anti-competitive behaviour concerning market information concerning credit default swaps.
- Co-author "Cartel lenieny in the UK", PLC, 2017
- Co-author "Antitrust concerns surrounding digital repricing software", Digital Business Lawyer, 2016
- Co-author "Pharmaceutical Antitrust: United Kingdom", Getting the deal through, 2016
- "Dawn raid workshop - in-house guide for digital dawn raids", 3rd Annual Competition Law Conference, Thomson Reuters, 2015