Norton Rose Fulbright Greece***
Related services and key industries
Minas Kitsilis is an energy lawyer based in Athens. Minas focuses on energy regulation (power, oil and gas), clean energy (renewables) and environment, mining, infrastructure projects, utilities and regulated industries transactions and project development. Minas’ energy and projects experience includes several multi-million euro mergers and acquisitions, project and corporate financings and capital markets deals in the energy sector of Greece.
Minas also holds a master’s degree (LL.M) in EU Energy and Natural Resources Law and Policy from the Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP) of the University of Dundee, Scotland, UK.
- Lawyer, qualified in Greece (Athens Bar)
- Greek banks on the proposed financing of a 73.2MW wind park currently under construction on an islet offshore Attica;
- Alpha Bank on the refinancing of two operating wind parks totalling 46MW in Central Greece;
- Eurobank Ergasias on the refinancing of two operating wind parks totalling 48MW in Central Greece;
- Major Greek banks on the refinancing of an operating 437MW CCGT power plant in Korinthos, Greece;
- Syndicated underwriters on a €700 million bond offering issued by PPC Finance plc of Public Power Corporation (PPC) S.A.;
- Rhône Capital on its investment in S&B Industrial Minerals;
- Independent oil and gas company on the regulation of oil and gas prospecting, exploration and production in Greece and a potential joint bidding agreement;
- Public Gas Company (DEPA) on the potential development of an offshore underground gas storage facility in an almost depleted offshore gas reservoir in North-Eastern Aegean Sea;
- Major European utility on the intended joint venture with an IPP with a portfolio of 1,650MW of gas fired power plants and a significant portfolio of renewables around Greece;
- GDF Suez on the acquisition of a 50% interest in Heron I (150MW OCGT) and Heron II (435MW CCGT) IPP projects of GEK Terna Group.
- Getting the Deal Through – Electricity Regulation 2014 (Greece);
- International Financial Law Review (IFLR), October 2008 - Guide to Energy and Project Finance: “RES Projects Development & Financing in Greece”;
- International Comparative Legal Guide Series – Gas Regulation (2007), Chapter on Greece;
- Global Competition Review – Gas Regulation 2006 and 2007 (Greece);
- Sweet & Maxwell – EU Energy Law & Regulation (2000) (Greece).