Norton Rose Fulbright Hong Kong
Related services and key industries
Polly Cheung is a property lawyer based in Hong Kong. She specialises in property and probate related matters, contentious and non-contentious.
Polly provides a wide range of services in relation to property such as conveyancing, mortgages, tenancies and leases. Polly gives advice on making wills and probate applications including resealing of foreign grants.
Polly Cheung obtained her Bachelor of Laws in The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong in 1983 and her Master of Business Administration in The University of Sydney, Australia in 1996. She is qualified in Hong Kong, England and Wales and Australia (ACT and NSW). She joined our Hong Kong office in 2009. She is also a civil celebrant of marriages.
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong
Family, trust and probate disputes
- Advise a co-executor of an estate of a prominent tycoon worth billions in dealing with the estate and safeguarding the interest of the deceased's estate on various issues: conflicts of interest of a fellow executor and of a firm of solicitors acting for both the fellow executor and the estate; duties and rights of executors; rights of beneficiaries to information and handling incidental property matters.
- Act for an administrator of an estate worth millions in obtaining the grant of Letters of Administration from the Probate Registry; instituting actions in the High Court to vacate the caveats and to recover control and possession of the deceased's assets including property holding companies beneficially held by the deceased and advising and handling incidental property and corporate matters in general.
- Act for a purchaser in the purchase of an industrial building in consideration of HK$475 million for redevelopment.
- Advise a Hong Kong listed company in relation to compensation in the sum over RMB56 million for the removal of a factory and termination of the agreement relating to the use of the land and factory in the PRC.
- Assist a PRC company in liaising with foreign lawyers in the issue of legal opinions on various tenancies in Angola, India, Indonesia, Iran, Mexico and Vietnam for the purpose of listing in Hong Kong.