Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Nicolas Labrecque’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate and commercial law and commercial real estate.
Experienced in complex transactions of all sizes in various sectors such as manufacturing, transportation, renewable energy and retail, Mr. Labrecque is known for his business sense and his ability to find with our clients original and innovative solutions. His mergers and acquisitions experience includes numerous private and public Canadian, US and cross‑border transactions where he has represented Canadian, US and European companies in acquisitions and sales of businesses in Canada, the United States and Latin America. In his real estate practice, Mr. Labrecque has represented owners, developers and industrial tenants in purchasing and leasing real property in Canada.
During his law studies, Mr. Labrecque worked as a research assistant for the Registrar and the legal services department of the Supreme Court of Canada. From 1999 to 2000, he worked with the law firm of Russin Vecchi & Heredia Bonetti in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
Mr. Labrecque is Montréal chair of the business law group.
LL.L., University of Ottawa, 1999
- Quebec 2001
Mr. Labrecque has recently represented the following clients:
- Hydro-Québec in its sale to Dana Corporation of a majority interest in TM4 Inc.
- Bombardier Inc. in a US$1 billion investment by the Government of Quebec in the C Series aircraft program and the subsequent transfer of the control of such program to Airbus
- BFL Canada and its majority shareholder in the minority investment by Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
- RONA inc. in its acquisition by Lowe’s for approximately $3.2 billion
- RONA inc. in the acquisition of all its franchisees for approximately $193 million
- Bombardier Inc. in the sale of its military aviation training division to CAE Inc.
- Pattern Energy in its winning bid for the sale of wind energy to Hydro-Québec and in the development of the Mont‑Sainte‑Marguerite wind farm
- Local public funding parties in connection with the negotiations with Formula One World Championship Limited for the renewal of the Formula One Canadian Grand Prix until 2024
- Beaudier Inc. and McInnis Cement Inc. in McInnis Cement’s equity financing in connection with its $1 billion cement plant project in Port-Daniel, Quebec
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, in connection with its investment of over US$500 million in Invenergy’s wind projects in Quebec, Ontario and the United States
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2019: recommended in Mergers & Acquisitions
- Canadian Bar Association, Quebec Branch
- Latin America Committee
- International Bar Association
- Centre François Michelle
- Member of the board of directors and vice-president