Norton Rose Fulbright Studio Legale
Related services and key industries
Luigi Costa is a finance, construction and M&A lawyer based in Milan. He focuses on energy, infrastructure, finance, debt restructuring and real estate.
Luigi has experience of matters involving banking and finance, real estate, M&A transactions, projects, corporate, acquisition and export credit financings, construction and engineering, civil, bankruptcy and corporate law.
He regularly assists international and Italian lenders, funds, investors, developers, employers, contractors and suppliers on energy and infrastructure projects in private and public sectors both in Italy and abroad.
He has advised on matters in the following areas:
- wind farms
- biogas, biomass and hydroelectric
- solar rooftops and greenhouses
- natural gas co-generation
- water desalination
- storage and energy efficiency projects
- shopping centres and luxury resorts
He also has experience of assisting clients to participate in private and public tenders, debt restructuring and insolvency matters.
Luigi has also completed a six month secondment in our Johannesburg office.
Luigi has worked extensively on renewable projects outside of Italy (e.g. Mexico, United States, South Africa, India, Namibia, Kenya, Eritrea, Chile, Brazil, Algeria, Morocco, Australia, Greece, Albania, Jordan). He is part of an international team of finance, M&A and construction lawyers advising sponsors, lenders, employers, contractors, suppliers and developers in respect of large-scale energy projects around the world.
Luigi joined us in 2010 and qualified as a lawyer at the Court of Milan in October 2012. He holds a law degree from Bocconi University of Milan and a Master Certificate in Domestic and International Banking Law from the IPSOA Training School.
He is a native Italian speaker and he is fluent in English.
- Avvocato, qualified in Italy
- The Legal 500, 2019: Named Next Generation Lawyer in the following banking and finance categories: (i) Banking and finance: Borrower side; and (ii) Banking and finance: lender or arranger side.
- Legalcommunity Energy Report 2018, The best in Italy: Ranked. Client comments included: "Professionista completo e di grande talento, ho potuto apprezzare la sua determinazione e il suo impegno. È molto dinamico e con una grande capacità di guidare le persone a raggiungere risultati." [Translation: "Complete professional with great talent. I appreciated his determination and commitment. Dynamic and able to lead people to achieve results."]; "Con più di 10 operazioni all'attivo nel settore nell'ultimo anno, ha un'elevata capacità di origination, di gestione dell'operazione nonché ottima conoscenza della contrattualistica commerciale e di progetto." [Translation: "With more than 10 transactions in the past year, Luigi has high skills and competences for origination, transaction management and excellent knowledge of commercial contracts relating to projects."]
- Legalcommunity Energy Report 2017, client comments included: "Riesce a performare anche in tempi ristretti. Operato egregio: straordinaria disponibilità, dedizione e proattività." [Translation: Able to perform even within a short timescale. Excellent work: extraordinary availability, dedication and proactivity."
- Legalcommunity MAG, 2016: Luigi Costa is mentioned in an article focused on future leaders in the Italian legal market (for banking and finance).
May 07, 2019
Norton Rose Fulbright advises Tages Capital on the acquisition of a 85.4MWp PV portfolio from Glennmont Partners
February 25, 2019
Norton Rose Fulbright advises Enel Green Power on the $605m financing for a 1 GW portfolio of solar PV parks in Mexico
January 08, 2019