Amy Joan Armitage
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Amy Joan ArmitagevCard
Amy Armitage is an experienced dispute resolution lawyer based in London. She specialises in construction and engineering disputes in the infrastructure and energy sectors. Amy has broad experience of all forms of dispute resolution including High Court litigation, international arbitration, expert determination, adjudication, risk advisory and mediation. Amy has acted for the full range of contractors, subcontractors, employers, insurers and funders within the construction industry in Europe, Africa, South America and the Middle East.
Amy has a Master's Degree in Construction Law and International Arbitration from Kings College University, London. She has also worked as a tutor and dissertation supervisor on the Masters' programme in Construction Law and International Arbitration.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
• Acting for a housing association in multiple party high court proceedings brought under the Defective Premises Act and the Building Safety Act.
• Acting for a UK university during the pre-action phase in connection with various cladding defects and claims under the Building Safety Act.
• Acting for a UK developer in court proceedings at the Technology and Construction Court relating to a defective M&E installation under a JCT form of contract in a commercial building in London.
• Acting for a housing association in high court and Court of Appeal proceedings in relation to defective cladding claims brought against a contractor.
• Acting for a mining company in Chancery Court proceedings in respect of claim for $18m regarding professional fees allegedly owed pursuant to an oral contract.
• Acting for an energy company in connection with a dispute relating to the supply and installation of allegedly defective EV chargers.
• Acting for a JV in connection with various final account claims pursuant to a JCT form of contract in connection with a mixed-use development in the South- East of England.
• Acting for a large contractor in a procurement challenge brought in the Technology and Construction Court against a local authority under the Public Procurement Regulations.
• Representing the owner in proceedings arising under JCT contracts concerning the design and supply of M&E systems for a UK data centre.
• Defending a major contractor in high profile proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court in relation to the design and construction of a UK Stadium under a JCT form of contract.
• Acting on behalf of a specialist contractor in multi –party proceedings involving various consortium members in connection with claim brought by the Ministry of Defence arising out of a cancelled procurement exercise.
• Acting for a UK energy company in respect of a dispute concerning the termination of a long-term contract for the generation of power from gas produced at a UK landfill site.
• Successfully defending specialist contractor in enforcement proceedings brought in the Technology and Construction Court in connection with a disputed JCT form of contract relating to works at a large number of railway stations and footbridges across the UK.
• Acting for a SPV in arbitration proceedings brought in connection with the termination of an EPC and O&M contract relating to a waste to energy facility in the UK.
• Acting for a marine subcontractor in ICC arbitration proceedings seated in Geneva relating to the construction of an LNG facility in Chile.
• Acting for the employer in an ICC arbitration brought by a Spanish contractor in relation to the construction of a power plant in Qatar.
• Acting for the Owner of a solar plant in Malawi in ICC proceedings arising from the termination of an EPC Contract.
• Acting on behalf of an Owner in connection with a number of variation claims arising out of an EPC Contract concerning the design and construction of a nuclear plant facility in Abu Dhabi.
• Acting for an employer in ICC proceedings concerning the termination of an EPC Contract in relation to a power project in Rwanda.
• Acting for a developer in Scottish arbitration proceedings in connection with a defective ceiling installation and ceiling collapse of a large retail and leisure development in the UK.
• Advising for the owner in relation to disputes concerning performance issues and defect liabilities in relation to a 1500MW gas fuelled power plant in the Middle East.
• Acting for a large corporate in connection with a termination and final account dispute under an NEC 3 form of contract.
• Acting for a Housing Association in multiple adjudications in connection with a claim for remedial works relating to cladding defects.
• Acting for an energy company in relation to a final account dispute in connection with a large, complex rail project.
• Acting for a JV contractor in relation to a dispute over the delay caused to a large rail infrastructure project as a result of a number of instructed design changes.
• Acting for a UK public body defending various adjudications in the water sector under the NEC form of contract.
• Acting on behalf of a large international developer in defence of multi million pound adjudication proceedings brought in connection with the defective design and construction of the basement of a shopping centre in Northern Ireland (under a JCT form of contract).
• Acting for a contractor in an adjudication brought against the owner of a UK airport in a claim regarding entitlement to compensation in respect of works undertaken pursuant to a JCT form of contract.
• Acting for a contractor in adjudication proceedings commenced by a subcontractor in connection with alleged losses arising from unforeseen ground conditions (under a JCT form of contract).
Podcast | October 24, 2023
Publication | July 2023
Webinar | Wednesday May 17, 2023 - Friday May 19, 2023