Norton Rose Fulbright (Middle East) LLP
Related services and key industries
Nick advises leading international and regional banks and corporates on asset-based financings, with a particular focus on real estate finance on both a conventional and Shari'ah compliant basis. Based in Dubai since 2010, Nick brings a wealth of regional experience and insight to his clients with his practical and solution-orientated approach. Clients value his responsiveness and dedication to delivering the highest level of service.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- a leading regional bank on a US$100m trade finance facility to a leading global renewable energy and sustainable urban development company.
- a prominent UAE family-owned group on development financing for a residential tower in Dubai, financed by a major regional bank.
- the investment arm of a prominent Saudi family on financing the purchase of commercial estate in London.
- a leading regional bank on a US$75m working capital facility to a leading Omani financial institution.
- a leading UAE-based renewable energy developer on financing a portfolio of solar plants in Jordan, led by a multi-lateral developmental financial institution.
- the mandated lead arrangers on the ongoing restructuring of development finance facilities for a luxury 5* resort and residences in the UAE.
- a leading regional bank on a US$95m trade finance facility to a leading metals manufacturing company.
- a major healthcare group in the GCC on its AED1bn murabaha and mudaraba receivables-backed facilities provided by a leading regional bank.
- a leading regional bank on a multi-source development financing of a mixed-used development in Dubai structured on a Shari'ah compliant basis.
- a leading regional bank on US$170m AED and US$ credit facilities for a leading global Emirati-owned investment group.
- the owner on refinancing credit facilities used to purchase an international 5* hotel in the Business Bay area of Dubai, along with additional development facilities for refurbishment.
- a leading international bank on receivables-backed financings for commercial retailers on a Shari'ah compliant basis.
- a leading regional bank on development financing for staff accommodation for a major school in Dubai.
- the mandated lead arranger on restructuring a development finance facility used to purchase and develop a 4* hotel in the DIFC area of Dubai.
- the mandated lead arrangers on financing of a district cooling plant to serve the Expo Village at the Expo Site, Dubai.
- a major GCC bank through its UK subsidiary on a real estate investment financing of student accommodation in the UK.
- a large regional developer on refinancing leasehold units on a luxury residential development in Abu Dhabi.
- a major GCC bank through its UK subsidiary on financing the purchase of land in the Paddington area of London as part of a £300m mixed-use development.
- the mandated lead arrangers on a commodity murabaha financing for a Bahraini GRE to fund construction of a gas processing plant and associated pipelines and storage.
- the developer on a US$213m financing of a desalination facility in Oman.
- a club of multi-lateral developmental finance institutions on the Shari'ah compliant financing of a 51.75MW wind farm in Jordan.
- the sponsor consortium on the rehabilitation and expansion of the Prince Mohammed bin Abdulaziz International Airport in Medina, Saudi Arabia.
- a consortium of lenders, led by International Finance Corporation, on financing three solar power projects in Egypt.
- International Finance Corporation, Standard Chartered Bank and Shinhan Bank on the K-Sure-backed financing of a 51MW wind farm in Jordan developed by a Daelim Energy and Korea Southern Power joint venture.
DCM and Energy teams advise on first long-term Green Bond for Noor Abu Dhabi solar PV power generation plant
January 21, 2022
October 04, 2021
August 12, 2021
Publication | November 22, 2021
Publication | January 06, 2021
Video | December 11, 2020