Norton Rose Fulbright (Middle East) LLP
Related services and key industries
Aarti Thadani is a senior dispute resolution lawyer based in Dubai.
Aarti trained in our London office and worked in the dispute resolution (international arbitration and construction) team before moving to Dubai in July 2015. She has also worked in our Singapore dispute resolution team.
Aarti focuses on international arbitration and cross-border litigation, with a focus on construction, real estate, hospitality and energy related disputes. She has been involved in numerous international arbitration matters, including, LCIA, ICC, DIAC, DIFC-LCIA, SIAC and UNCITRAL arbitrations and has assisted on matters before the English Commercial Court and the DIFC Court.
She regularly co-counsels with local lawyers in onshore UAE litigation and has substantive experience of acting for and against quasi government-owned entites. Aarti also has experience in contentious banking and regulatory matters.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- International Hotelier - acted on a multi-million dollar dispute arising out of a hotel management agreement with the hotel's owner (DIFC-LCIA, DIFC seat, English Law)
- Saudi hotel owner - represented in respect of a dispute with an international hotelier
- A subcontractor - advised on a dispute with a contractor concerning the construction of a terminal at an airport in Jeddah, KSA
- Large Saudi pharmaceutical entity - acted in respect of a dispute with its UAE JV partner
- Quasi government-owned developer - acted on numerous arbitrations with purchasers of off-plan properties in the UAE (DIAC, UAE law, Dubai seat)
- Dubai based sub-developer - advised on a multi-million dollar dispute with a Dubai Government owned master developer (DIAC, UAE Law, Dubai seat)
- Dubai Government owned entity - represented on a joint venture dispute concerning a development in Moscow, Russia (LCIA, English law, London seat)
- International engineering company as subcontractor - acted on a multi million dollar dispute with the contractor due to delays caused by the contractor (DIAC, English law, Dubai seat)
- Sub-developer - represented in a multi-million dollar dispute concerning breaches of a development agreement (DIAC, UAE law, Dubai seat)
- International hotel group - advised in relation to the termination of a hotel project in Morocco (ICC, English law, London seat)
Publication | June 01, 2020
Publication | May 07, 2020
Publication | April 27, 2020
Publication | April 06, 2020