Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Jessy Makdessi is a banking lawyer based in London. She focuses on real estate finance transactions and has experience of acting for both lenders and borrowers across domestic and cross-border senior and mezzanine debt financings, commercial and residential development financings, acquisition and investment financings, loan portfolio sales, restructuring and general banking.
Jessy has also spent time on client secondment to the transaction management team of a major UK bank where she worked on a mixture of corporate lending and acquisition finance transactions.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- The £1.35bn financing for phase 2 and 3 of Battersea Power Station, one of the largest UK real estate financing transactions
- The financing aspects of the £2bn joint venture between Malaysia's Eco World and Ballymore for the development of 3,000 luxury apartments in London
- The multi-million pound investment and development financing of a portfolio of prime residential apartment buildings for a JV between Residential Land and a large Canadian pension fund
- ICBC - on financing for the acquisition of Europa Student Accommodation
- The Royal Bank of Scotland Plc - on various development and investment financings in the commercial, residential and retail sectors
- The global restructuring of a confidential client
- The acquisition of loan book portfolios valued in excess of £3bn for a large UK pension and investment company
- The financing of the Boseto Copper Project in Botswana.