Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Jessy Makdessi is a banking lawyer based in London. She focuses on real estate finance transactions and has experience of acting for both lenders and borrowers across: domestic and cross-border debt financing matters; commercial and residential acquisitions; investment and development financings; project financings; loan portfolio sales; restructuring and general banking.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Advised on the £1.35bn financing for phase 2 and 3 of Battersea Power Station, one of the largest UK real estate financing transactions
- Assisted on the financing aspects of the £2bn joint venture between Malaysia's Eco World and Ballymore for the development of 3,000 luxury apartments in London
- Advised on the multi-million pound investment and development financing of a portfolio of prime residential apartment buildings for a JV between Residential Land and a large Canadian pension fund
- Advised ICBC on financing for the acquisition of Europa Student Accommodation
- Advised The Royal Bank of Scotland Plc on various development and investment financings in the commercial, residential and retail sectors
- Advised on the global restructuring of a confidential client
- Advised on the acquisition of loan book portfolios valued in excess of £3bn for a large UK pension and investment company
- Advised on the financing of the Boseto Copper Project in Botswana.