Norton Rose Fulbright (Central Europe) LLP
Related services and key industries
Alexey Borodak is a dispute resolution lawyer based in Moscow. He is highly regarded for insurance litigation and has also expertise in anti-corruption and white collar crime.
Alexey represents clients before Russian state commercial courts and courts of general jurisdiction. He has a broad experience of general commercial, corporate and regulatory disputes with significant expertise in insurance litigation.
He is a member of Insurance Committee and Committee on Compliance & Ethics of Association of European Businesses (AEB). Alexey is a member of the working group on insurance disputes rules of the Russian Arbitration Association (RAA). He regularly speaks on insurance and anti-corruption issues at conferences and contributes articles to the leading law magazines. Alexey is featured as a leading litigation lawyer in Legal 500 and Acritas.
Alexey is a graduate of the State University - Higher School of Economics law faculty. Alexey joined us in 2011 having previously worked for leading Russian litigation firms and a major international law firm. For several years Alexey headed dispute resolution department in a major Russian insurer. A native Russian speaker, Alexey is fluent in English.
- Lawyer, qualified in Russia
- Catlin Underwriting Agencies Limited on coverage and related issues arising out of the sinking of the jack-up rig Kolskaya on 18 December 2011 in the sea of Okhotsk; the jack-up rig is a total loss (insured at US$100m)
- the Russian subsidiary of a leading international bank in a US$39m high profile dispute initiated by the bankruptcy manager of a Russian company with regard to alleged divesting of funds by the controlling persons of this company; court proceedings are taking place in Kalmykia
- the world's largest ammonia producer in a case based on a lawsuit of Administration of Krasnodar region which was filed personally by a governor Mr. Tkachev (which seems to be made in order to express administrative pressure on court), on establishing its right of property with respect to several sea port facilities allegedly unlawfully constructed by our client on the leased land plots
- a leading German D&O insurer on potential monetary claims against a former Russian LLP CEO due to manager's unconscientious activity
- the primary insurer, several re-insurers (German and Japanese), loss adjuster and automobile producer with regard to an incident during the installation of a press at a press shop, which took place at the auto production factory in St Petersburg in March 2014, as a result of which some technological equipment and press shop were damaged and the press itself was completely destroyed
- the Russian subsidiary of a leading international mining company as respondent in nine disputes connected with the former employees' demand to establish their relationships with the company as labour in order to obtain significant additional payments, including overtime claims; the cases are being considered by the court of general jurisdiction of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky
- a leading international oil and gas company as a shareholder in a Russian oil transportation consortium in a case where the client's employee was accused of fraud and bribe
- an oil and gas joint venture company in regulatory litigation proceedings versus Rospotrebnadzor, the Russian state body controlling compliance with sanitary requirements, the court hearings taking place in Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Area
- a leading engineering group in technology, mining and construction, on anti-bribery and anti-corruption issues in Russia; based on our investigations we provide advice on creation of a brand new anti-corruption system and related risk management
- the world's leading consulting company in commercial dispute with major Russian steel producer, arising out of breach of two services agreements; our role was to prepare a legal platform for arbitration and to support the client's negotiations with opponent; following our mediation advice our client has settled the dispute out of court
- one of the biggest German insurers and representing its insured person before the State Commercial Court of Moscow in a dispute with a major Russian insurance company. The dispute relates to the recovery of insurance compensation paid out by a Russian insurance company as a result of a fire which was allegedly caused by electrical equipment containing elements produced by our client
- a large Russian publisher in a corporate dispute over the ownership of a large real estate complex in the centre of Moscow
- a major Russian insurance company in a precedent dispute concerning lost cargo indemnity recovery