Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Ania Gorna is a banking lawyer based in Amsterdam. She has more than 14 years of experience in a broad range of finance transactions, with a focus on project finance.
Ania advises on international and domestic transactions, acting for both lenders and sponsors, as well as government departments. She regularly advises on road and accommodation projects, as well as on energy projects.
Ania joined the Amsterdam banking and finance team in 2011, having worked in the banking and finance team at our office in Johannesburg since 2007.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cyberlaw, University of Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Drafting and Interpretation of Contracts, cum laude, University of Johannesburg (South Africa)
- LLB, University of Johannesburg (South Africa)
- B.Com (Law), Rand Afrikaans University (South Africa)
- B.Com (Marketing Management), Rand Afrikaans University (South Africa)
- Attorney and Public Notary, qualified in South Africa
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Eefde Lock PPP - advising the Lock to Twente (L2T) consortium comprising of TBI, Mobilis, and Croon Wolter & Dros in relation to the €60 million financing of the second lock on the Twente Canal in the Netherlands, closed February 2017.
- Restructuring - advising a lender on the restructuring of a €30 million financing of 12.8MWp industrial roof top PV solar power project in Belgium, closed December 2016.
- A27/A1 PPP - advising DZ BANK, ING, KBC, Nederlandse Waterschapsbank and SMBC on the financing of the €220 million A27/A1 motorway between Utrecht North – Eemnes Junction and the Bunschoten-Spakenburg interchange in the Netherlands, closed October 2016.
- Amsterdam Court PPP - advising the lenders on the financing of the €235 million Amsterdam Courthouse project in the Netherlands, closed July 2016.
- A6 PPP - advising EIB on the financing of the €300 million A6 motorway between Schiphol – Amsterdam – Almere (SAA) in the Netherlands, closed June 2016.
- ECA-backed financing - advising ING, unicredit and Commerzbank on an approximately €60 million ECA-backed financing to the Government of Niger in relation to the Maradi Reference Hospital project, closed March 2016.
- Restructuring - advising the borrower in relation to the restructuring of a €195 million project financing as a result of the insolvency of a subcontractor, closed February 2016.
- Restructuring - advising the senior lenders on the restructuring of the financing of an independent petrolium storage terminal in Jakarta, Indonesia, closed December 2015.
- A9 Gaasperdammerweg PPP - advising BNG Bank, DZ BANK, ING, KBC, SMBC, Société Générale and EIB on the €550 million financing of the A9 motorway between Diemen and Holendrecht in the Netherlands, closed November 2014.
- Lesedi & Letsatsi Projects - advising the lenders during Phase 1 the South African Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement (REIPPP) Programme in relation to two solar PV projects, Lesedi & Letsatsi - Project Finance International 2012 Middle East and Africa Renewables Deal of the Year.
- Legal 500 EMEA – Project finance and PFI: Rising Star (2020, 2021)
- Legal 500 EMEA – Project finance and PFI: Senior associate Ania Gorna is emerging as a key figure in the team, and is regularly involved in high-profile matters. (2020)
- Legal 500 EMEA – Project finance and PFI: Next Generation Partners (2019)
- Legal 500 EMEA – Project finance and PFI: Next Generation Lawyer (2017, 2018)
- Chambers Global - Foreign Expert, Banking & Finance (Netherlands) (2018, 2019)
The Project Finance Law Review (2019) - Chapter 12: Public-Private Partnership and the Private Finance Initiative
- "Risk Allocation in Project Finance", Norton Rose Fulbright LLP Client training, The Hague, The Netherlands, January 2016
- Solicitors Regulation Authority, England & Wales
- Law Society of the Northern Provinces, South Africa