Related services and key industries
Bayo Odubeko is a Corporate Finance lawyer based in London. Bayo specialises in crossborder acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and investments. Bayo advises on equity capital market transactions including listings and placing of shares. Bayo has advised extensively in the emerging markets with a particular focus on Africa. Bayo has advised across different sectors including in the oil and gas, energy, financial services, telecoms, real estate and FMCG sectors.
Bayo has advised many of the leading Africa focused private equity and infrastructure funds investing into Africa, including Helios Investment Partners LLP, Development Partners International, AfricInvest Capital Partners – Tuninvest, Carlyle Sub-Saharan Africa Fund and the Africa Infrastructure Investment Fund as well as development finance institutions such as Africa Finance Corporation, Norfund, DEG, PROPARCO and FMO. Bayo has advised on some of the leading private equity transactions in Africa in recent times.
Bayo advised Masawara plc, a Zimbabwe focused investment company and Africa Opportunities Fund Limited, a Pan-African focused investment company on their admission to trading on AIM. Bayo advised AIM listed Lekoil Limited on its US$100 million and US$37 million placing of shares by way of accelerated bookbuilds.
Bayo is a national of both the United Kingdom and Nigeria and is dual qualified, having been called to the Nigerian Bar in 1996 and qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2000.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Scandinavian private equity fund, Maj Invest and the Emborg family on the US $400 million sale of Fan Milk International, the leading West African frozen dairy business, by way of a competitive auction process
- Development Partners International, AfricInvest Capital Partners, PROPARCO, DEG and FMO on the €198 million sale of a 79% interest in Mansard Insurance Plc to Axa Plc, by way of a competitive auction process
- Norfund and Norfinance on the acquisition of a 12.23% interest in Kenyan Bank, Equity Bank Limited from Helios Investment Partners
- Norfund on the upsizing of its investment in Ugandan Bank, DCFU
- Carlyle Sub-Saharan Africa Fund on its acquisition of a majority interest in Zimbabwean and Mozambique logistics group, J&J Group
- Helios Investment Partners on the US$170 million investment in Equity Bank Limited of Kenya
- Africa Infrastructure Investment Fund on its US$79 million investment in the Kpone IPP in Ghana
- Kingdom Africa Management on the US$50 million investment by way of convertible notes in First Hydrocarbons Nigeria, and subsequent exit
January 07, 2019
Norton Rose Fulbright advises Ethos on R700 million investment into emerging market FinTech provider Channel VAS
December 07, 2018
July 20, 2017