Norton Rose Fulbright (Central Europe) LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Vera Shaftan is a corporate lawyer based in Moscow. She focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate and commercial law, energy and natural resources, regulatory issues including data protection. For more than 10 years Vera has advised foreign and domestic companies on M&A transactions, joint ventures, oil and gas (including those on the continental shelf) and mining projects and on their operations in Russia.
Vera graduated from Moscow State Institute of International Relations, International Commercial Law Department in 2004.
In March 2015 Vera presented at IAPP summit in Washington on the requirements for localization of the Russians’ personal data.
- Lawyer, qualified in Russia
- Advising a leading Russian oil and gas company on the sales of minority stakes in one of its biggest upstream projects to Asian investors. These were major cross-border M&A transactions in Russia in 2015 and 2016
- Advising Gazprom on the restructuring of Shtokman gas and condensate field in the Barents Sea, one of the world's largest natural gas fields
- Advising Vostok Energy plc, a UK-based oil and gas producer, on the sale of OOO Dial Alliance, which holds the licence for the Bortovoi gas section in the Saratov region
- Advising a European drilling company - contractor in a Russian shelf project
- Advising the world’s largest mining group on acquisition of a share in a Russian mining target from a state controlled company and creation of a joint venture on the basis of the target
- Advising SOCAR on the acquisition of a gas distribution grid in Georgia
- Advising a major oil field equipment producer, on its operations in Russia, including M&A, export and import transactions, corporate, real estate and regulatory issues
- Advising number of clients on Russian law requirements re localization of personal data of Russian citizens
- Advising Visa on various corporate, commercial and regulatory (incl. payment systems’ and financial regulations, anti-money laundering, consumers’ protection, competition, personal and financial data protection) matters