Norton Rose Fulbright (Central Europe) LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Vera Shaftan is a corporate lawyer based in Moscow. She focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate and commercial law, energy and natural resources, regulatory issues including data protection. For more than 15 years Vera has advised foreign and domestic companies on M&A transactions, joint ventures, oil and gas (including those on the continental shelf) and mining projects and on their operations in Russia.
Vera graduated from Moscow State Institute of International Relations, International Commercial Law Department in 2004.
In March 2015 Vera presented at IAPP Summit in Washington on the requirements for localization of personal data in Russia.
- Lawyer, qualified in Russia
- Significant LNG project – advised a client on shipping and marketing arrangements for a significant LNG project. .International oil and gas major - advised on the creation of an upstream JV with a Russian partner on the basis of oil and gas condensate fields in Russia.
- Leading Russian oil and gas company – advised on an upstream JV project with an international partner on the basis of oil and gas condensate field in Russia.
- Leading Russian oil and gas company - advised on the sales of minority stakes in one of its biggest upstream projects to Asian investors. These were major cross-border M&A transactions in Russia between 2015 and 2016.
- Gazprom - advised on the restructuring of Shtokman gas and condensate field in the Barents Sea, one of the world's largest natural gas fields.
- Vostok Energy plc - advised the UK-based oil and gas producer on the sale of OOO Dial Alliance, which holds the licence for the Bortovoi gas section in the Saratov region.
- European drilling company – advised a contractor on a Russian shelf project.
- World's largest mining group – advised on the acquisition of a shareholding in a Russian mining target from a state controlled company and the creation of a joint venture on the basis of the target.
- SOCAR – advised on the acquisition of a gas distribution grid in Georgia.
- Major oil field equipment producer - advised on its operations in Russia, including M&A, export and import transactions, corporate, real estate and regulatory issues.
- Visa - advised on various corporate, commercial and regulatory (including payment systems and financial regulations, anti-money laundering, consumers' protection, competition, personal and financial data protection) matters.
- Advised on various aspects of personal data regulations (including on personal data localisation requirement and cross-border transfer), data protection, cyber security (including critical information infrastructure, use of VPNs and anonymous proxy servers) and telecommunications.