Related services and key industries
Alex is a corporate lawyer based in London. Alex's practice focuses principally on transactions in the energy sector.
He has been involved in a wide variety of general corporate transactions across a number of jurisdictions, including: M&A; corporate restructurings; general corporate matters; and joint ventures. Alex is also part of our sports law practice in the UK and has particular knowledge of the UK soccer sector.
Alex studied at Manchester University, completed the legal practice course at BPP and joined the firm in May 2012.
Prior to qualification in May 2014, Alex spent four months in the firm's Dubai and Melbourne offices.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Advised Japanese utilities JERA and TEPCO on its investments in UK energy storage developer Zenobe
- Advised Greencoat UK Wind Plc on its acquisition of the Church Hill and Crighshane wind farms near Omagh in Northern Ireland for £87m
- Advised Greencoat UK Wind Plc on its acquisition of Brockaghboy wind farm in Northern Ireland from ERG Power Generation SpA for £163m
- Advised a potential buyer of a UK new nuclear power project in Moorside, Cumbria
- Advised Greencoat UK Wind Plc on its acquisition of an 80 percent stake in five wind farms from EDF Energy Renewables for £98m
- Advised Greencoat UK Wind Plc on its acquisition of North Hoyle (offshore in Liverpool Bay) and Slieve Divena (onshore in Northern Ireland) wind farms from institutional investors advised by JP Morgan Asset Management for £105m
- Advised the Gao family on the acquisition of a stake in Southampton FC, the English Premier League football club, and its partnership with Katharina Liebherr.
- Advised Greencoat UK Wind Plc on its acquisition of Bishopthorpe Wind Farm for £47m
- Advised funds managed by Hermes GPE LLP on the acquisition of an ownership stake in four regulated gas distribution networks from National Grid. Hermes' acquisition was part of consortium bid which acquired a 61 percent shareholding
- Assisted ib vogt GmbH, a German solar farm developer, with the disposal of a portfolio of development and operational solar projects in the UK
- Advised funds managed by Hermes GPE LLP on the acquisition of a 25.6 percent ownership stake in Energy Assets Group, the largest independent provider of industrial and commercial gas metering services in the UK and major provider of multi-utility network metering and data services
- Advised funds managed by Hermes GPE LLP on the acquisition of a 17.1 percent ownership stake in Southern Water from Future Fund
- Advised a US hedge fund on its acquisition of a pipeline of UK solar projects with a combined capacity of over 300 MW
- Advised Octopus Investments on its acquisition of Wryde Croft Wind Farm from Renewable Energy Systems
- Advised Armstrong Energy Limited on the acquisition and disposal of various solar projects in the UK and India
- Advised other investors on confidential acquisitions of UK wind farms in 2015
- Advised a multinational engineering and electronics company on the simultaneous acquisition of a UK and US operating company which both specialise in the manufacturing of packaging machinery
- Advised a group of sellers on the sale of a multinational corporate services provider (involved in securitisation, structured finance and funds transactions) to a private equity fund
- Advised a Premiership Rugby club on general commercial matters, including its partnership arrangements.