Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Mark Maurice is a corporate lawyer based in London. He focuses on cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital investments and exits and general corporate and commercial transactions.
Mark has obtained particular experience in the TMT (technology, media and telecommunications) and digital infrastructure sectors, as well as investments in Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
- Solicitor qualified in England & Wales
- A Middle Eastern sovereign wealth fund on its £800m investment into CityFibre, a UK wholesale full fibre platform, as part of a £1.125bn equity and debt financing.
- Community Fibre, a London fibre to the home network provider, on its fundraising and the acquisition of a controlling stake by Warburg Pincus and DTCP, which will allow Community Fibre to invest up to £400m in its network expansion to one million households in London.
- Community Fibre on its acquisition of Box Broadband and on certain commercial arrangements.
- Airband Community Internet, a UK fibre to the home network provider, on its significant strategic fundraising from Aberdeen Standard Investments.
- Mubadala in respect of its investment into, and subsequent exit from, Hyperoptic Limited, a leading UK fibre to the home broadband provider
- Amber Infrastructure on its investment into toob Limited, a full fibre broadband provider and advising toob Limited on subsequent fundraising.
Telecom tower transactions:
- AMP and CDPQ on their financing of up to €775 million in secured notes issued by affiliates of Phoenix Tower International.
- Orange on elements of its hive down of European tower assets in TOTEM, its wholly owned TowerCo.
- Zain on the creation of a TowerCo, its joint venture arrangements with TASC Towers and the sale and leaseback arrangements in respect of its tower portfolios in a number of Middle Eastern jurisdictions, including Jordan and Iraq.
- Paradigm Infrastructure Limited and SBA Communications on the acquisition of Airtel Tanzania's telecom tower portfolio for approximately $175 million and the leaseback and services arrangements back to Airtel.
- An African state-owned mobile network operator on the sale and leaseback of its telecom tower portfolio by way of auction
- A telecom tower company on the purchase, leaseback and management of significant telecom tower infrastructure portfolios in various emerging markets
- Vodacom on the sale of its Tanzanian tower portfolio to Helios towers and on certain leaseback and joint venture arrangements
- Orange on its acquisition of a controlling stake in Telekom Romania with a total enterprise value of €497m
- Post Office on the sale of its broadband and phone business to Shell Energy
- Vodafone on the sale of Vodafone Malta to Monaco Telecom for an enterprise value of €250 million
- Orange on its £12.5bn disposal of EE to BT
- Orange on its $4.4bn acquisition of Jazztel Plc
- Stena Drilling Limited on its acquisition of a minority stake in, and technology partnership with, SmartChainServices Limited for the development of ClearDapp, a blockchain and smart contract platform targeting the elimination of complex transactions related to IADC reporting and payment-for-rig-performance
- VAKT Global (a blockchain-based digital platform used to manage physical energy transactions from trade entry to final settlement) as well as its shareholders (a consortium of leading international commodity traders, banks and energy firms) on various fundraisings and shareholder arrangements.
- A global bank on a number of its strategic minority investments in the technology and sustainability sectors.
- Coveo on its acquisition of Qubit, a leader in AI-powered personalization technology for merchandising teams.
- Reveneo on its investment into Fly Now Pay Later, an alternative payments provider for the travel sector
Development finance and emerging markets
- A consortium of development finance institutions on their investment into a microfinance business in South-East Asia
- CDC Group Limited in respect of its investment into an Indian healthcare business
- FMO on a number of venture capital financings in the agricultural and technology sectors
- Barloworld on the sale of its supply chain software division to LLamasoft, Inc.
- Acted as legal counsel for an impact investor focused on the agricultural sector in sub-Saharan Africa
Publication | September 13, 2023
Publication | September 01, 2023
Publication | September 01, 2023