Norton Rose Fulbright (Central Europe) LLP
Related services and key industries
Sergey Avakyan is a dispute resolution lawyer based in Moscow. He exclusively focuses on dispute resolution and has significant experience in general commercial, insurance disputes as well as anti-corruption. He is also focused on product liability and related litigation, having both experience in representing mass-market producers in courts as well as in issuing publications on product liability litigation in Russia.
Sergey is a graduate of the Law Faculty of the Moscow State University. He holds a membership in young arbitration groups such as ICC YAF, LCIA YIAG, RAA40 and the Moot Alumni Association, having participated in Moscow University team at the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot.
Sergey joined the practice in 2013 having previously worked for another major international law firm in Moscow. Sergey is fluent in English and has a basic knowledge of Armenian and German.
- Lawyer, qualified in Russia
- the world's largest ammonia producer in a case based on a lawsuit of Administration of Krasnodar region which was filed personally by a governor Mr. Tkachev (which seems to be made in order to express administrative pressure on court), on establishing its right of property with respect to several sea port facilities allegedly unlawfully constructed by our client on the leased land plots
- a leading medical equipment manufacturer with respect to anti-trust investigation initiated by Investigative Committee of Russia in Samara region against company's top-managers and employees
- a Swiss bank in respect of recovery of the pledged trade assets within Rostov region
- a German client in the litigation before the Russian courts commenced by the bankruptcy administrator of the client's former Russian partner in breach of the arbitration agreement in the underlying contract. Despite the opposing party's argument that its lack of funds to pay the arbitration fees should render the arbitration clause unenforceable, the arbitration clause was upheld and the case was terminated
- primary insurer, several re-insurers (German and Japanese), loss adjuster and automobile producer with regard to an incident during the installation of a press at a press shop, which took place at the auto production factory in St Petersburg in March 2014, as a result of which some technological equipment and press shop were damaged and the press itself was completely destroyed
- a major maritime insurance group on damages claim brought with respect to the shipwreck that took place in Russia
- a major German reinsurance company in respect of various aspects of reinsurance regulation in Russia
- a leading Japanese lubricant producer as a respondent in a claim brought by the Russian Consumers' Union together with an individual consumer. The Claimants alleged that a car was broken due to the low quality of motor oil, and based their claim on the alleged violations of the Law On Protection of the Consumers' rights taken place in the result of importing the motor oil by the importer. The case was won in the first instance, appellate and the cassation instance (Moscow city court).
- a German power engineering and production company in a commercial dispute regarding claiming damages caused by the lack of conformity of the goods under the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.