Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
James is an energy lawyer based in London.
He has acted for both lenders and borrowers on a range of multi-million pounds financings in the renewable energy sector, primarily in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. He has also acted for purchasers and sellers on transactions involving energy assets, and on release of security for both borrowers and lenders in a sale and purchase context.
He joined the practice as a trainee in 2014 and qualified into the energy team having spent time working in various energy focussed departments across the London office and on secondment to an energy client.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Two onshore wind farms, Republic of Ireland – advising the borrower in relation to the portfolio financing of two construction phase wind farms (47MW combined) - closed October 2017.
- Refinancing of a 46MW onshore wind farm, Scotland – advising a syndicate of banks in relation to the refinancing of an operational wind farm - closed September 2017.
- London Array, United Kingdom – advising the lenders in relation to the financing of one of the participations in the London Array offshore wind project - closed July 2017.
- Financing of three onshore wind farms totalling 151MW, United Kingdom – advising lenders in relation to power purchase agreements - closed February 2017.
- 339MW of solar assets, United Kingdom - advising the borrower in respect of the refinancing of a portfolio of 339MW of solar assets in the United Kingdom.
- Onshore wind, United Kingdom - advising a lender on the financing of a 30MW onshore wind farm development in the UK.
- Two wind farm portfolios, Ireland – advising Brookfield Renewable Power as borrower in respect of syndicated loans for the acquisition of two wind farm portfolios in Ireland from Bord Gais Eireann.
- 588MW wind farm off the Scottish coast - advising a syndicate of banks in relation to the project financing of the Beatrice offshore wind farm.
- 7MW rooftop solar - advising an arranger on the refinancing of a UK based portfolio of rooftop solar assets.
- 13MW onshore windfarm - advising borrower on financing of onshore wind farm.
- 22.5MW onshore windfarm - advising borrower on financing of onshore wind farm.
- Solar PV acquisitions, United Kingdom and Europe - advising banks and developers in relation to various solar PV acquisitions and financings in UK and Europe.