Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Violetta Bourt is an antitrust and competition lawyer based in Brussels.
Violetta’s practice covers all aspects of EU competition law, with a focus on EU and international merger control. Violetta has particular experience in notifying mergers and joint ventures to the European Commission, as well as coordinating the notification of international transactions with multiple national competition authorities. Violetta also advises clients on abuse of dominance cases, anti-competitive agreements, global competition compliance issues, and other competition and general EU matters.
Violetta joined the practice as an associate in 2014, after six years in a major US law firm in Brussels. She received an LLM degree from the London School of Economics in 2007, and a law degree, magna cum laude, from the University of Louvain (UCL, Belgium) in 2006.
Her native language is Russian/Ukrainian, and she is fluent in English and French.
- LLM, London School of Economics, 2007
- Law degree, University of Louvain (UCL, Belgium), 2006 (magna cum laude)
- Avocat au Barreau de Bruxelles
- ELG Haniel and Mitsubishi Corporation - advising on their proposed carbon fibre recycling JV
- Gemalto - advising on its €4.8 billion acquisition by Thales Group
- Zen-Noh, Amaggi and Louis Dreyfus - advising on Zen-Noh's acquisition of a 33% interest in Amaggi and Louis Dreyfus' existing Brazilian JV
- Gemalto - advising on its acquisition of 3M's Identity Management Business
- Rofin-Sinar - advising on its $942 million acquisition by Coherent Inc
- Rosneft - advising on its acquisition of TNK-BP
- HP - advising on a dispute with Oracle over Itanium chips
- ARM Limited, Giesecke & Devriendt and Gemalto - advising on their JV in the field of trusted execution environments for secure applications
- Merck - on the animal health joint venture with Sanofi-Aventis (ultimately abandoned). Awarded GCR "Deal of the Year" in 2011 in recognition of its size and complexity
- TPG - advising on numerous acquisitions, including IMS Health, Ontex, Exception Group Limited, Britannia Living Group Limited, Brookgate Limited, and Romanes Media Group.
- "EU Investigations into Tax Rulings Raise Novel Issues for M&A Counterparties" (co-author: J. Modrall and D. Stuttaford), The M&A Lawyer, May 2015.
- "EU Merger Control in Distressed Company Transactions" (co-author: J. Modrall), The M&A Lawyer, June 2013.