Head of US Capital Markets, Hong Kong; Partner
Norton Rose Fulbright Hong Kong
Related services and key industries
Harold Tin is a corporate lawyer based in Hong Kong and leads the firm's US securities practice in Asia. His practice includes capital markets, M&A and venture capital matters, with a particular focus on crypto and other FinTech clients.
Harold is US and Hong Kong-qualified and is experienced in advising on equity and debt capital markets transactions, including Rule 144A/Regulation S and SEC-registered offerings and listings of ordinary and global/American depositary shares, as well as notes and MTN programs, on stock exchanges in Hong Kong, Singapore, the US and Luxembourg. He also regularly advises venture capital funds and asset managers on a wide variety of investment and corporate matters.
Harold is a core member of the firm's global FinTech practice. He advises leading FinTech innovators and financial investors on token sales, NFTs, DeFi products, crypto exchange investments and joint ventures, and DAO sponsorship and governance. Harold also works closely with the firm's global FinTech team to advise on regulatory and compliance matters for crypto exchanges and other FinTech players in a host of jurisdictions worldwide.
Harold joined the firm in 2014 and prior to that worked at a leading Wall Street law firm. Harold graduated from Harvard Law School and Yale University.
- Juris Doctor degree, Harvard Law School
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and Mathematics, Yale University
- Attorney at Law, admitted in New York
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong
Corporate & Securities
- IPOs and listings – China Isotope & Radiation, China Yongda Automobiles, CIMC Vehicles, Country Garden Services, Edvantage Group, JBM (Healthcare), Kerry Logistics, Metallurgical Corp. of China, Logory Logistics Technology, Neusoft Education Technology, Poly Property Development, Powerwin Tech Group, Risecomm Group, Sands China, Sino-Ocean Service, Sky Light Holdings, Sunac China, Sunac Services, Top Education, Weigang Environmental Technology, Zhaopin Limited, Zuoan Fashion
- Bond offerings and liability management – Agile Property, Car Inc., Central China Real Estate, China Aoyuan Property, China Overseas Grand Oceans, China State Construction, China Taiping Insurance, CITIC Securities, CNOOC, CNQC International, Golden Wheel Tiandi, ICBC Leasing, Longfor Group, Nine Dragons Paper, Renhe Commercial, Shimao Property, Sunac China, Texhong Textile, Yanlord Land
- A leading crypto exchange – global expansion and operations of its trading platform, including securities laws, regulatory and licensing advice, acquisitions and joint ventures, IP and sponsorship, as well as litigation and disputes, across more than 15 jurisdictions
- One of the world's largest DAOs – token sales, DAO structuring and funding/collaboration with various DAO projects
- A DAO funding platform – a fully accountable funding platform for student-run blockchain organizations at top universities around the world
- A virtual asset investment manager – collaboration with crypto players on financing, staking and other investment management products involving a variety of virtual assets, including stablecoins and NFTs
- A leading online brokerage platform – regulatory advice on provision of crypto trading services
- A disruptive InsurTech player – securities laws and regulatory advice on proposed blockchain-based vehicle protection products in US and other markets
- A Hong Kong-based VC fund – various investments in Web3 startups, including Series A investments in an OTC crypto products investment service platform and in a cloud-based AI video analytics solution provider
- An angel investor – investment in a start-up developer of online games and virtual assets
- A crypto mining machine maker – proposed IPO and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Mandarin Chinese
Hong Kong advises on the H share listing of China’s largest intralogistics equipment solution provider on Hong Kong Stock Exchange
November 09, 2023
September 18, 2023
August 03, 2023
Publication | April 25, 2023
Publication | February 23, 2023