Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Antoine Thibaud is a corporate lawyer based in London.
He advises international corporations operating in the natural resources and energy sectors on projects in Francophone Africa, in particular the OHADA region. Over the past years, he has developed specific experience in the mining, oil, gas, and agriculture industries, advising investors on a wide range of operations, including: corporate acquisitions; joint venture arrangements; mining conventions; profit-sharing agreements; project financing; regulatory; and permitting processes.
Antoine holds a Master of Laws from the University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas and a Master of Business Law from the University of Paris Dauphine. He is admitted to the Paris Bar.
Prior to joining the firm, Antoine practised for a number of years in two international law firms, in Paris and Singapore, respectively.
He is a native French speaker and is fluent in English.
Antoine holds a Master in Law from the University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas and a Master in Business Law from the University of Paris Dauphine.
- Avocat au Barreau de Paris
Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
- Eurasian Resources Group – advised on various aspects of its mining projects, including the acquisition of mining assets, the financing of its Metalkol project, and on various corporate matters.
- Alphamin Resources Corporation – acted on various aspects of its Bisie tin mine project, including the framework for the acquisition by the Africa Finance Corporation of a minority stake in the share capital of its local exploitation company.
- Feronia Inc – represented on various aspects of an agricultural project, including corporate and financing aspects.
- Randgold Resources – advised on the acquisition of a participation in the Moku-Beverendi gold project.
- AngloGold Ashanti – advised on the sale of the Mongwalu gold mine.
- Shalina Resources – acted on the financing of the Etoile copper and cobalt mine.
- Tiger Resources – represented on its copper and cobalt projects, including in the framework for its acquisition of 40 percent of Gécamines' shares in a local exploitation company, and in respect to several transactions involving the financing of its mining operations.
- UK-based oil and gas company – advised on oil projects, including the negotiation of its profit sharing agreement with the Government.
- AngloGold Ashanti – acted on various aspects of its Siguiri gold project, including the renegotiation of its mining convention with the Government and various corporate aspects.
- Bellzone Mining – advised on the renegotiation of its mining convention with the Government.
- Alufer – represented on the financing of the Bel Air bauxite mine.
- La Mancha Resources – acted on its merger with Endeavor Mining and on various aspects of its Ity gold project.
- Roxgold Inc – represented on the acquisition of Newcrest Mining Limited's gold exploration assets in Ivory Coast, including the Sequela Gold project.
- A Houston-based power project developer and generation company – advised on its minority shareholding in a consortium appointed by the Government to build and operate an LNG terminal.
- A private investor – represented on the acquisition of nickel mining assets.
- AngloGold Ashanti – advised on various aspects of its Sadiola and Yatela gold projects, including mining and corporate aspects.
- Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation – acted on equipment financing for a gold mine in Mali.
- Resolute Mining – represented on various aspects of its Syama and Finkolo gold projects, including mining and corporate aspects.
- A consortium of mining companies – advised on the reform of the 2012 Mining Code initiated by the Government of the Republic of Mali in 2017.
- Australian investment fund – acted on the financing of a gold mine in Senegal.
- International trading group – represented on the corporate reorganization of its fertilizers and input business.
- International trading group – advised on the acquisition of a shareholding in a Senegalese rice producer.