Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Matthew O'Shea is a corporate lawyer based in London. He focuses on mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets and corporate advisory.
Since joining our London corporate team in 2014, Matthew has assisted various commercial and financial institution clients in respect of a wide range of corporate advisory and transactional matters, with a focus on private mergers and acquisitions (principally financial institutions M&A) and equity capital markets work, including Main Market and AIM IPOs and fundraisings, significant transactions and ongoing governance matters for commercial clients, listed funds and investment banks / sponsors.
Matthew is an Australian qualified lawyer, having previously worked in our Brisbane office where he advised on wide range of corporate transactional and advisory matters for Australian and international clients.
- Bachelor of Laws (1st class honours), Griffith University, 2009
- Bachelor of International Business, Griffith University, 2009
- Solicitor, qualified in Australia
- Piraeus Bank - advised on the sale of shipping loan portfolio to entities affiliated Davidson Kempner Capital Management LP.
- Piraeus Bank - advised on the sale of its Albanian bank, Tirana Bank, to Balfin.
- HSBC - advised on the sale of its retail and commercial banking business in Brunei to Baiduri Bank.
- HSBC – advised on its review of the best location for its global headquarters.
- Thomson Reuters Founders Share Company - advised in relation to sale by Thomson Reuters Corporation of Refinitiv to Blackstone.
- ICBC Standard Bank – advised on its acquisition of the precious metals vaulting business of Barclays.
- Societe Generale – adivsed on the disposal of interests in two LNG tankers.
- Purplebricks – advised on its £50 million fundraising by way of an accelerated bookbuild.
- Canaccord Genuity – advised on the migration of ThinkSmart Limited's listing from the ASX to AIM.
- Marguerite Fund – advised on its acquisition of a 28.97 percent stake in a Latvian natural gas company.
- European financial institution – advised on an internal restructuring of its UK branch.