Norton Rose Fulbright (Asia) LLP
Related services and key industries
Aditya Rebbapragada is a banking and finance and projects lawyer based in Singapore.
Aditya has represented international lenders, multi-lateral financial institutions and borrowers in project finance, export finance, acquisition finance and asset-based lending transactions, as well as in debt-restructuring transactions.
Aditya relocated to Singapore from the business law group in our Toronto office.
Aditya was seconded to the legal team of the International Finance Corporation in Hong Kong in 2015. He was also seconded to the projects and export finance team of HSBC in Hong Kong and Singapore in 2015-2017, where he worked alongside the HSBC business teams on ECA backed financings in the energy and infrastructure sector in Asia.
- Barrister and Solicitor, qualified in Ontario (Canada)
- A syndicate comprising of DBS Bank Ltd., Lembaga Pembiayaan Ekspor Indonesia (Indonesia Eximbank), Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited, PT Bank OCBC NISP Tbk, BNP Paribas, The Export-Import Bank of China and the Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited, Jakarta Branch - on US$565m term and working capital facilities (including a Sinosure supported tranche) for PT Well Harvest Winning Refinery (a project company established by China Hongqiao Group Limited, Shandong Weiqiao Aluminium & Electricity Co. Ltd, PT Cita Mineral Investindo Tbk and Winning Investment Group) in relation to refinancing of existing indebtedness and the expansion of its alumina refinery plant located in Kendawangan, West Kalimantan, Indonesia
- A syndicate comprising of DBS Bank Ltd., Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, MUFG Bank, Ltd. and First Abu Dhabi Bank PJSC - on a US$262.5m ECB term facility for HPCL-Mittal Pipelines Limited on refinancing existing debt incurred in connection with the construction, operation and maintenance of the 1017km pipeline for transportation of crude oil from Mundra to Bathinda, India and related infrastructure
- A syndicate comprising Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited and PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk's. Hong Kong Branch - on a US$345m term facility for MACH Australia Holdings Pty Ltd on refinancing of existing indebtedness in connection with the construction and operation of the Mount Pleasant coal mine in New South Wales, Australia
- The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, as coordinating arranger and agent - in connection with SERV, Sinosure and MIGA-supported credit facilities aggregating US$333m for the Bangladesh Power Development Board to repower the Ghorasal third unit generating facility. This transaction involved negotiating a NHFSO guarantee by MIGA in favour of the commercial lenders
- A syndicate led by Standard Chartered Bank - on debt restructuring in relation to the US$193m financing with K-SURE and Hermes for the construction of a 225MW CCGT power plant project in Ashuganj, Bangladesh
- Vinfast Trading and Production Limited Liability Company - in relation to a Hermes supported US$950m credit facility arranged by Credit Suisse AG and The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited to build an automobile manufacturing complex in Hai Phong, Vietnam
- The Hong Kong branch of DBS Bank, Ltd. - in connection with the US$260m financing for the development of the Khalifa Port Container Terminal Phase 2 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd., The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation as mandated lead arrangers - on the K-SURE supported US$330m financing to Vietnam Electricity (EVN) for the 600MW Vinh Tan 4 thermal power plant extension project
- The Reliance Group - on the development of its proposed receiving terminal and 700MW gas power project including procurement of the FSRU and financing which includes an ADB PRG facility and an Islamic tranche provided by Islamic Development Bank
- Asian Development Bank and commercial lenders - on a Partial Risk Guarantee for the Southern Gas Corridor in relation to the Shah Deniz Gas Condensate Field Stage 1 and 2 of Exploration and Projection in Azerbaijan
- DBS Bank, Ltd. - on ECB term facilities for an Indian solar developer in relation to the development of solar power plants in India with an aggregate capacity of 185MW.
- Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce
- South Asian Bar Association of Toronto
International opportunity for Turkish mining companies: India's new emphasis on private development in the mining sector
Blog | May 04, 2021
Publication | November 04, 2020