Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Vishal Mawkin is a capital markets lawyer based in London. He focuses on representing issuers and underwriters in connection with a broad range of English and New York law governed cross-border debt financings, including high-yield debt offerings, financial restructuring transactions, the establishment and update of EMTN and ECP programmes and liability management transactions.
For nine-months in 2016, Vishal was on secondment in the transaction management group of HSBC Bank plc working on capital market transactions for sovereign, public sector, corporate, energy and financial institution issuers.
University College London, LL.B. (2005)
Georgetown University, LL.M. (Distinction and Dean's List) (2007)
- Attorney at Law, admitted in New York
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
Straight Debt and Programmes
- Represented Piraeus Bank and Eurobank Ergasias S.A., in their capacity as Joint Coordinators and Bookrunners, in connection with the public offering of US$200 million 3.6% bonds by Aegean Airlines, the largest Greek airline, which were listed on the Athens Stock Exchange.
- Republic of Angola: on its dual-tranche US$3 billion bond Reg S/Rule 144A issuance in May 2018; on the "tap" issuance of US$500 million 30-year bonds in July 2018; and its inaugural US$1.5 billion bond Reg S/ Rule 144A issuance in November 2015.
- Ecobank, the pan-African banking group: on its inaugural public Reg S/Rule 144A bond issuance.
- Nordex SE, a public onshore wind turbine developer: on its inaugural €275 million high-yield bond ("green") Reg S/Rule 144A issuance in February 2018.
- IMI Group, the specialist engineering company: on its US$125 million and US$75 million US private placement notes in April 2018.
- Underwriters: on the issue by Québec of US$2 billion of global bonds.
- Underwriters: on a US$350 million US bond offering by Venator, a leading US chemicals company.
- Underwriters: on the Reg S/Rule 144A issue by Obrascón Huarte Lain, S.A., an international construction and concessions group, of €325 million high-yield bonds and €400 million high-yield bonds and related liability management transactions.
- GlaxoSmithKline Group: on its medium term note programme and the related issuances of bonds.
- Underwriters: in connection with Westpac Banking Group's debt programmes and related issuances of bonds.
- Cell C Limited, a South African mobile operator: on its cross-border US$1.28 billion debt capital markets and bank finance restructuring, and equity investment by Blue Label Telecommunications. The restructuring involved Chapter 15 US bankruptcy proceedings. Shortlisted for Restructuring Team of the Year – British Legal Awards 2017, Emerging Markets Deal of the Year – TMT Finance Awards 2017, and Legal Adviser of the Year – TMT Finance Awards 2017.
- Bank of Cyprus: on matters arising out of the bail-in of Bank of Cyprus' bondholders and depositors; and on its €1 billion equity capital raise, which included a private placement to international investors and an open offer to existing shareholders. HSBC and Credit Suisse acted as placing agents on the private placement.
- JSC Astana Finance, a financial services group in Kazakhstan: on its US$2 billion financial restructuring, including the issue of recovery debt securities and global depositary receipts representing shares. The restructuring involved Chapter 15 US bankruptcy proceedings.
Other Finance Transactions
- McLaren Group: on the £203.8 million equity investment by Nidala Limited and in respect of its £370 million and US$250 million high yield secured notes.
- Global bank: on a global due diligence exercise of its regulatory capital and financing structure.
- Alufer Mining: on an equity and senior debt project financing in connection with the development of its Bel Air asset in Guinea
- Bibby Financial Services Limited: on the securitisation of its trade receivables portfolio. The transaction was the first rated private sector securitisation deal by a non-bank asset-based lender covering multiple legal jurisdictions.
April 23, 2019
July 23, 2018
May 30, 2018