Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Weronika Sowa is an associate in our financial services regulatory team. Prior to qualifying, she worked as an advisor in our financial services compliance regulatory consulting team.
Weronika has experience of FCA AML registrations, authorizations, variations of permission applications for smaller banks, consumer credit and asset management firms. She has produced and updated numerous compliance policies and procedures and other compliance documentation, particularly in relation to financial crime, specifically, anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and corruption, and sanctions (AML, ABC and sanctions), but also market abuse, for a wide range of financial institutions, including a peer-to-peer lender, motor finance providers, major market maker, a trade invoicing company and the third country branch of a retail bank as well as cryptoassets businesses. Weronika's other experience includes carrying out compliance monitoring, running board meetings, delivering compliance and financial crime-focused training for US asset managers, US prime broker, branch of a German bank, cryptoassets business and regulatory investigations. As part of her legal training, she also spent six months on secondment to a major US clearing member, where she was involved in negotiating OTC clearing agreements and dealing with EMIR/clearing-related queries.
Before joining Norton rose Fulbright, Weronika worked for nearly three years for a major AML/ABC and sanctions industry association, where she advised mainly financial services institutions and their Compliance Officers/MLROs on the latest legal and regulatory developments and best practice in AML, ABC and sanctions.
She is an Associate Member of the International Compliance Association.
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales 2018
- A major cryptoasset business on its FCA AML registration and answering ongoing MLRs-related queries.
- Multiple OTC Client Clearing Agreements for a major clearing broker.
- On a s.166 Skilled Person Review.
- A market abuse investigation.
- A peer-to-peer lending platform on its authorisation application.
- A commodity trader on FCA market abuse systems and controls request for information response.
- With a review of AML, CTF, ABC and sanctions systems and controls of a major multilateral trading facility.
- On carrying out ongoing compliance monitoring for asset management companies.
- Senior Managers and Certification Regime, compliance and financial crime-focused (AML/ABC and sanctions) training.
- On authorisation applications for small asset management firms with international operations.
- On change in control applications for an international investment holding group.