Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Jack Kelly is a corporate lawyer in our investment funds team based in London.
Jack trained in our Sydney office where he gained experience in advising leading Australian and international financial institutions, trustees, investment managers and financial advisors.
Jack has experience advising on a broad range of areas including fund and financial product structuring and restructuring (in respect of both onshore and offshore collective investment vehicles); fund establishment and promotion; investment management agreements and other outsourcing arrangements; fund mergers and acquisitions; institutional investments and secondary sales; and directors’ duties and fiduciary obligations.
- Solicitor, qualified in Australia
- Acting for Perpetual Limited as external trustee in the Macquarie-led consortium acquisition of Crown Castle Australia Holdings Pty Limited. The consortium comprised of Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets Limited, Macquarie Asia Infrastructure Fund, UBS International Infrastructure Fund II and UniSuper Limited, with a total deal value of approximately AUD$2bn.
- Advising The Trust Company on its role in the corporate restructure and simplification of ASX-listed Sydney Airport. The total value of the restructure was approximately AUD$7.3bn and resulted in a AUD$1.9bn cross-stapled unsecured debt facility being negotiated on an arms’ length basis between the legacy finance trust and the newly incorporated operating company.
- Acting as lead counsel for an international investment bank in relation to the structuring and establishment of a USD$200m Cayman domiciled fund structure for the purpose of investing into Chinese commercial property.
- Advising Aitken Investment Management (headed by high-profile stockbroker Charlie Aitken) in relation to the structuring, establishment and promotion of its flagship hedge fund, the AIM High Conviction Fund.
- Acting for a global real estate company in relation to its cornerstone investment into a Delaware domiciled fund targeting direct Australian prime office space.
- Advising a leading Australian financial services institution on the establishment of a bespoke series of multi-manager Australian managed investment schemes.