Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Joe Bamford is a financial services lawyer based in London. He specialises in financial service regulatory law.
Joe has a particular focus on retail financial services and products, including financial services regulatory law, anti-money laundering, financial promotion, corporate governance, retail banking and consumer credit. Joe advises a broad range of clients from both the retail and wholesale sectors.
Joe is an author of the money laundering chapter of Financial Services Law (Oxford University Press) Financial services regulation.
- Several domestic and international banks and financial institutions Advised on their MiFID II projects, focussing mainly on investor protection including product governance, inducements, conflicts;
- A client - Assisted in the establishment of a Peer-to-Peer lending platform, including drafting lending documentation and providing advice on the authorisation process with the FCA;
- Developed guidance and toolkit for clients to utilise in preparing for disclosure requirements under the new PRIIPs regulations, including drafting a KID template and providing advice to clients on the scope of the regime;
- Several large UK banks - Worked closely with to produce market guidance on the implementation of the costs and charges disclosure regime under MiFID II;
- A European bank - Advised in connection with an internal review of historic activity associated with a repricing exercise of certain customers' loans;
- A large retail bank - Advised on their mortgage documentation and internal processes, including providing training to staff on their legal obligations and responsibilities; and
- Anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing (AML/CTF) advice to several domestic and international banks, including drafting AML/CTF policies and providing advice on cross border business.
Publication | October 21, 2020
Publication | July 27, 2020
UK: Private Equity firms to face increased scrutiny of their AML procedures and how they deal with AML issues
Publication | July 10, 2020
Publication | May 07, 2020