Related services and key industries
- Construction and engineering
- Public-Private Partnerships (PPP)
- Emerging markets
Key industry sectors
Melusi Dlamini is a projects lawyer based in London. He focuses on advising clients in the development and financing of large-scale projects across a range of industry sectors in a number of jurisdictions and has advised on a number of PPP/PFI, social infrastructure and renewable energy projects.
Melusi has experience drafting and negotiating all forms of project documentation, such as concession agreements, building, civil engineering and infrastructure contracts, EPC contracts, operation and maintenance contracts, consultancy appointments, bonds, guarantees and other ancillary project documentation. He also has experience in the drafting and negotiation of the full suite of project finance documentation including facility agreements, increditor agreements and security documents.
- Attorney, qualified in South Africa
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales
- Centre hospitalier de l'Université de Montréal – on the restructuring of its role on this CAN$3.6bn Centre hospitalier de l'Université de Montréal (CHUM) project in Montreal. The project represented a first of a kind in that it facilitated the transferring of construction responsibilities from one contractor or another, outside of termination scenarios, on one of the largest PPP projects globally financed under a complex bond financing solution.
- A consortium of lenders – on the financial close of the first two phases of Dogger Bank offshore wind farm. When complete in 2026, it will be the world's largest offshore wind farm.
A club of 15 lenders – on construction aspects of the £2bn project financing of the 860MW Triton Knoll offshore wind project in the UK.
Assured Guaranty – on the financing of the construction and operation of the new halls of residence affordable accommodation project at the University of Sussex.
Balfour Beatty Investments as sponsors – on the financing of student accommodation facilities at the University of Holloway.
Old Mutual Investment Group – in relation to the proposed development of student accommodation at the Bunda College of Agriculture in Lilongwe and the College of Medicine in Blantyre, Malawi.
Compagnie des Bauxites de Guinée, Guinea – on the c.US$800m expansion of its Sangaredi bauxite mine in western Guinea. We advised on all aspects of the project, including the financing structure and agreements, construction contracts, offtake agreements, government interface and the infrastructure sharing arrangements between CBG, the State of Guinea and third-party mining ventures.
December 06, 2021
November 18, 2021