Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Caroline Légaré conducts legal research in all areas of law and is often asked to prepare legal documents, including appeal factums, arguments and opinions.
Before joining our Québec office Ms. Légaré was employed by a large life insurance company where she gained valuable experience in all aspects of the life and health insurance industry, especially claims and insurance and annuity products.
LL.B., Université Laval, 1986
- Quebec 1987
Ms. Légaré has performed legal research and prepared appeal factums in the following areas:
- In insurance law, contesting property insurance claims on account of misrepresentations and intentional fault
- In professional liability matters, concerning claims against accountants and health professionals
- In construction law, concerning calls for tenders, the liability of construction professionals and the legal liability of contractors
- In commercial law, in connection with the application and validity of non-competition clauses
Ms. Légaré has also advised a life and health insurance company in the following areas:
- Contesting claims for insurance benefits
- Drafting insurance policies
- Canadian Bar Association