Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Paul Fitzgerald practises corporate and securities law. He handles a variety of matters, including asset and share purchases, public offerings, take-over bids, private placements and corporate reorganizations.
Mr. Fitzgerald is co-chair of our corporate finance and securities team.
LL.B., University of Windsor, 1996
B.Sc., University of Waterloo, 1991
- Ontario 1998
Mr. Fitzgerald has recently acted for the following clients:
- Icahn Enterprises L.P. in its US$340 million acquisition of the US automotive aftermarket product distribution business of TSX-listed Uni-Select Inc.
- The special committee of KEYreit in its successful hostile takeover defence against Huntingdon Capital Corp.
- GMP Securities in connection with the going-public transaction and subsequent financing for Concordia Healthcare Corp.
- Barrick Gold Corporation in its $7.3-billion offer for Equinox Minerals Limited
- CHC Helicopter Corporation in its $3.7-billion acquisition by an affiliate of a fund managed by First Reserve Corporation
- Petrochemical Industries Company (Kuwait) in connection with its joint venture with The Dow Chemical Company for the manufacture and sale of monoethylene glycol and diethylene glycol (EG)
- Diageo plc with its acquisition of the Seagram spirits and wine business
- The special committee of the board of directors of Shell Canada Limited with the acquisition by Royal Dutch Shell plc of the minority interest in Shell Canada
- KFS Capital LLC and Kingsway Financial Services Inc. in connection with a partial take-over bid for 1,500,000 units of Kingsway Linked Return of Capital Trust at a price per unit of $20 in cash
- Kingsway Financial Services Inc. in connection with a definitive purchase agreement to sell all of the issued and outstanding shares of Jevco Insurance Company to The Westaim Corporation
- Acritas Stars 2020 -- Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- International Financial Law Review 1000, Canada: Capital markets - debt and equity; Mergers and acquisitions, 2021
- The Legal 500 Canada, 2016: Capital Markets (Canada)
- 2018 Lexpert ranked lawyer
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Securities law, 2021
- Canadian Bar Association
Publication | May 23, 2020
Publication | April 9, 2020 - 7 PM ET
Publication | 2019