Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
William Hlibchuk practises exclusively in the area of employment and labour law, representing both federally and provincially regulated employers before all manner of tribunals in both French and English.
A fluently bilingual member of both the Ontario and Quebec bars, Mr. Hlibchuk regularly represents and advises employers in both French and English from both provinces and other national and international corporations in their employment and labour law matters. A practical problem-solver, Mr. Hlibchuk's particular strengths lie in understanding complex fact situations and formulating effective strategies to prevent and avoid litigation.
Should litigation be necessary, Mr. Hlibchuk is an experienced pleader who guides clients through the litigation process with cost effective preparation and an advocacy style that balances clients' needs to achieve desired outcomes and to keep a keen eye on such strategic considerations as reputational risk and integrity before tribunals.
Mr. Hlibchuk also assists employers in managing employee-related risk through advice and consultation on matters such as harassment, health and safety, performance management, absenteeism, and drafting and interpreting employment contracts and workplace policies.
LL.B./B.C.L., McGill University, 2001
M.S.W., McGill University, 2001
B.A. (Hons.), McGill University, 1995
- Ontario 2002
- Quebec 2003
- "Droit de l'emploi et du travail – Rétrospective de l'année 2016," presentation to clients, February 23, 2017
- "Hydro-Québec and Accommodation of Disability: Where are we now?" presentation to the CACE Corporate Counsel Committee, June 2, 2016
- "Les dix décisions et nouveautés ayant marqué le droit de l'emploi et du travail en 2015," presentation to clients, February 18, 2016
- "Les mesures disciplinaires et non disciplinaires dans le secteur de la santé et des services sociaux, les meilleures pratiques et les pièges à éviter," presentation to clients, February 17, 2016
- "An Overview of Canadian Employment and Labour Law," Association of Corporate Counsel annual meeting, 2015
- "Preservation of Evidence in Restrictive Covenant Litigation," Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers annual meeting, 2015
- "Alternative Arbitration Models" (panel moderator), Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers annual meeting, 2014
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Loyola High School- past chairman of the board of governors
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers- director
- NDG Food Depot- past director
- Foundation of Catholic Community Services- past director