Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Jean-Nicolas Prévost practises business law, principally in the areas of corporate, real estate and banking law. An important part of his practice involves drafting and negotiating sale and purchase, development, management and administration agreements for commercial transactions. He has particular experience in designing different corporate structures, setting up investment funds and drafting agreements between shareholders, investors or creditors.
Mr. Prévost has represented institutional and private lenders or borrowers in financing transactions. He also has extensive experience in real estate law and commercial leasing.
LL.B., Université Laval, 2003
- Quebec 2005
Mr. Prévost has acted in the following transactions:
- Negotiating and drafting various access and occupancy agreements between the MTQ, Infra Canada and the municipalities involved, acting for CDPQ Infra in the context of the Réseau express métropolitain, a rapid transit system project in Montréal
- The sale, by SITQ Hauteville Inc., of the subsoil under Place Hauteville for approximately $36 million
- The purchase, by Morguard Investments Ltd., of the property located at 4 Victoria Street in Gatineau for approximately $60 million
- A consortium created by Fiera Capital in the context of a request for proposals relating to the sale of A25 Concession's rights in the PPP for Autoroute A25 in Montreal
- The sale of Hôtel Loews Le Concorde in Quebec City to Groupe immobilier Eddy Savoie, acting for Loews Hotel Holding Corporation
- The A$25 million debt investment in the PPP for the design, build, financing and operation of the New Royal Adelaide Hospital in Adelaide, Western Australia, by Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc.
- The Griffintown II project for which Devimco Inc. is the developer, acting for a large group of debt and equity investors in the project
- The sale of the property situated at 888 Saint‑Jean Street in Quebec City, to Canmarc Real Estate Investment Trust by Édifice 888 Inc. for C$9 million
- The negotiations between Quebecor Media Inc. and the City of Quebec for the management and operation of a C$400 million multipurpose arena to be built in the city
- The C$56 million financing of a real estate investment fund by the Bank of Montreal
- Canadian Bar Association
- Urban Development Institute of Québec
- Jeune Chambre de commerce du Québec (Quebec City junior chamber of commerce)
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization, Quebec Chapter
- Jeunes Entreprises, Capitale nationale/Chaudière-Appalaches