Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Jérôme Landry is a partner in the business law group. His corporate and commercial law practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate financing, commercial contracts as well as private equity and venture capital matters.
Mr. Landry has participated in a number of important M&A transactions in which he has acted for the seller or the purchaser. Mr. Landry has represented financial institutions, insurers, agribusiness corporations and several start-ups, in particular in the technology sector. He regularly advises on issues relating to financings, acquisitions, sales, mergers, reorganizations and other commercial matters.
During his studies, Mr. Landry attended the international and comparative business law program at Bucerius Law School in Hamburg, Germany.
- Quebec 2009
Mr. Landry has acted recently for the following clients:
- Isolofoam, a member of the eXpan Group, in connection with the acquisition of Groupe Legerlite in order to create one of the largest expanded polystyrene manufacturers in Canada
- Les Pièces d'auto Transit inc. in connection with the share investment from Trivest Growth Investment Fund
- Xpertsea Solutions Inc., in connection with the Series B equity financing from an investor group led by QED Investors, Atlantico and Investissement Québec
- Poka Inc., in connection with the Series B equity financing from an investor group led by 40 North
- Laserax inc., a Quebec technology company that develops industrial lasers, in connection with various corporate mandates, including several equity financings
- Kenan Advantage Group, in connection with the acquisition of Les Distributions Carl Beaulac inc.
- La Capitale and SSQ Insurance, in connection with their merger of equals
- Groupe Boa-Franc, in the acquisition of Ten Oaks, LLC, a company operating two hardwood flooring manufacturing plants in Virginia, and a hardwood flooring manufacturing plant located in Ontario and owned by Tembec
- International Flavors & Fragrances, Inc., in the purchase of shares that it did not already hold in Wiberg Corporation Inc., a company specialized in producing spices and other ingredients, and having places of business in Ontario, British Columbia and California
- The duBreton group entities, as regards several transactions involving Les Spécialités Prodal (1975) Ltée, among others, in connection with the acquisition of the assets of North Country Smokehouse, a New Hampshire company, and the assets of Au Petit Goret (1979), a Montreal company; and also involving Aliments Breton, in connection with the sale of Canadian genetics business Génétiporc, including its subsidiaries in the United States, Mexico and Brazil, to Genus plc, a publicly listed British company
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2020-2023: recommended in Corporate Commercial Law; 2022-2023: recommended in Corporate Mid-Market; Mergers & Acquisitions
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Corporate Law, 2024
- Thomson Reuters Stand-out Lawyers, 2022
- Acritas Stars (2021) – Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Acritas Stars (2020) – Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- "Le logiciel en tant que services (ou SaaS) comme vecteur de valeur," Quebec City Healthcare Industry Forum, Quebec City, December 4, 2019.
- "La révolution annoncée du monde des affaires par l'intelligence artificielle : où en sommes-nous?" Vision 2018, Quebec City, May 2, 2018.
- "Transactions: aspects légaux qu'un fiscaliste devrait connaître," Canadian Tax Foundation, Quebec City, June 2, 2017.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Fondation Saint-François — board of directors
- Camp Kéno — board of directors