Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Jérôme Landry counsels clients on various legal matters that arise in the course of their activities. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate financing, commercial contracts and general corporate and commercial law matters. Mr. Landry has participated in a number of important M&A transactions involving private and public corporations in which he has acted for the seller or the purchaser. Mr. Landry has also represented several agribusiness corporations and start-ups, in particular in the technology sector, with regard to financing and mergers and acquisitions.
During his studies, Mr. Landry attended the international and comparative business law program at Bucerius Law School in Hamburg, Germany. After completing his law degree, Mr. Landry worked in the legal department of Via Rail Canada Inc.
LL.B., Université Laval, 2007
M.B.A., Business Management, Université Laval, 2008
- Quebec 2009
Mr. Landry has acted recently for the following clients:
- Laserax inc., a Quebec technology company that develops industrial lasers, as part of various corporate mandates, including a recent equity financing with three institutional investors
- Polycor inc. in the acquisition of Granite Industries of Vermont, Inc.
- Quebec Port Authority in the negotiation and conclusion of an option to purchase lands located on the south shore of Quebec City owned by Rabaska
- Les Spécialités Prodal (1975) Ltée, a member of the Breton Tradition 1944 group, in the acquisition of the assets of North Country Smokehouse, a New Hampshire company producing traditional bacon, ham and sausages, and the assets of Au Petit Goret (1979), a Montreal company specializing in the manufacture of high-end meats and deli
- A group of businessmen from the Beauce region in the acquisition of Grondair, which operates a flight school and an air charter service and owns the St-Frédéric airport
- Breton Foods, in the sale of Canadian genetics business Génétiporc, including its subsidiaries in the United States, Mexico and Brazil, to Genus plc, a publicly listed UK-based company
- Spectris plc, a company based in the UK, in the acquisition of the business and assets of Corporation Scientifique Claisse inc., a Canadian company based in Quebec City
- Groupe Boa-Franc in the acquisition from Tembec of a hardwood flooring manufacturing plant located in Ontario
- Québecor Média Inc. in negotiations with the City of Québec for the management and operation of a $400 million multipurpose arena in the city
- Québecor Média in its acquisition of Les Remparts de Québec hockey team
"La révolution annoncée du monde des affaires par l'intelligence artificielle : où en sommes-nous?" Vision 2018, Quebec City, May 2, 2018.
"Transactions: aspects légaux qu'un fiscaliste devrait connaître," Canadian Tax Foundation, Quebec City, June 2, 2017.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Fondation Saint-François