Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Claude Marchand is a litigation lawyer who has extensive experience in all aspects of the law relating to insolvency and corporate restructuring. He acts in large corporate restructuring files for companies experiencing financial difficulties. He also acts as an advisor to secured creditors in insolvency files and for the realization of security. Mr. Marchand regularly appears before all the courts of Quebec.
LL.B., Université Laval, 1978
- Quebec 1979
Mr. Marchand has acted recently for the following clients:
- Ernst & Young inc., as monitor, in an application under the Companies Creditors’ Arrangement Act (CCAA) by Conporec Inc.
- Bank of Montreal in an application under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (BIA) by Air Action 1997 Inc.
- BNP Paribas (Canada) in a CCAA application by Groupe Kheops inc.
- Royal Bank of Canada in a CCAA application by Jyco Inc.
- AXA Assurances inc. in CFG Construction inc.’s proposal to its creditors under the BIA
- Roy Métivier Roberge, as trustee in bankruptcy to Motorisés Leblanc inc.
- Quebec Central Railway Company in connection with its CCAA restructuring and the negotiation and sale of certain assets following approval of the plan of arrangement
- Vallée inc. in connection with its application and restructuring with a view to the sale of all of its assets
- René Matériaux Composites Ltée in connection with its application under the BIA and its restructuring and refinancing
- Réal Grondin inc. and Spécialités de bois linéaire inc. in an application under the BIA, the restructuring of the company and the sale of two businesses with the approval of the creditors
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Banking and finance law, Insolvency and financial restructuring law, 2008-2021
- Best Lawyers in Canada – Banking and Finance "Lawyer of the Year", 2015
- Best Lawyers in Canada – Insolvency and Financial Restructuring "Lawyer of the Year", 2013 and 2016
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2012-2021: recommended in Insolvency & Financial Restructuring (Insolvency Litigation)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Various committees of the Quebec Bar