Related services and key industries
Dominic Dupoy practises commercial litigation. In recent years, he has been involved in numerous disputes relating to commercial contracts, construction law and insurance matters.
Mr. Dupoy's practice also covers oppression claims, disputes between shareholders, plans of arrangement and civil and penal proceedings relating to securities legislation.
In addition to commercial law, Mr. Dupoy also deals with corporate law matters, including issues of corporate governance and other regulatory issues.
Finally, Mr. Dupoy takes an interest in information technology law. He advises clients on issues relating to civil law, electronic signatures, data hosting and consumer protection law.
LL.M., Université de Montréal, 2006
LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2000
- Quebec 2002
Mr. Dupoy has acted recently for the following clients:
- The City of Westmount in the first decision to be handed down by the Supreme Court of Canada on the scope of the Quebec Automobile Insurance Act in Westmount (City of) v Rossy  2 SCR 136.
- BCE Inc. in a major damages action relating to the proposed privatization of BCE Inc.
- Hydro-Québec in various proceedings instituted by Churchill Falls Labrador Corp. relating to the power contract between the parties
- A major online merchant in the first e-business case to be heard by the Supreme Court of Canada, Dell Computer Corp. v Union des consommateurs,  2 SCR 801
- A tour operator before the Supreme Court of Canada in a matter bearing on the issue of an injunction in an international context, Impulsora Turistica de Occidente, S.A. de C.V. v. Transat Tours Canada Inc.,  1 SCR 867
- “Approfondissez votre connaissance de la législation et des règles régissant le secteur public en matière de gestion de l’information électronique” (co-presenter), The Canadian Institute, September 15, 2009.
- “Divulgation d’informations confidentielles en ligne : discussions et questionnements sur les protections de nature contractuelle à la lumière de l’arrêt Dell de la Cour suprême du Canada,” Insight Information, January 15, 2008.
- “Contrats en ligne, hyperliens et clauses externes : où sommes-nous suite à l’arrêt Dell Computer de la Cour suprême du Canada?” (co-presenter), Canadian IT Law Association, December 6, 2007.
- Canadian Bar Association
Publication | May 2019
Publication | May 13, 2019
Publication | January 2019
Publication | September 2018