Catherine S. Simard
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Catherine S. SimardvCard
Related services and key industries
Catherine Simard practises mainly in construction law and civil and professional liability. She also handles consumer law issues. She has represented various clients before the Court of Quebec and the Quebec Superior Court.
LL.B., Université Laval, 2008
- Quebec 2009
Ms. Simard acted recently for the following clients:
- A client, to prepare written and oral submissions in connection with Bill 1, the Quebec Integrity in Public Contracts Act, before the public finance committee of the Quebec National Assembly
- A consulting engineering firm in multiple litigation files relating to hospital projects
- Property owners negotiating design-build and management contracts
- General contractors, subcontractors and property owners contesting hypothecary actions following the publication of notices of legal hypothec relating to construction projects
- Financial institutions and other businesses for the collection of overdue accounts
- Property owners and bidders to resolve difficulties arising from the call for tenders process
- A consulting engineering firm in a claim for additional fees
- A consulting engineering firm in an action by a property owner alleging design errors
- Presentation on the Quebec Integrity in Public Contracts Act, guest speaker at the convention of the Bas-St-Laurent Gaspésie les Iles Bar, Matane, Quebec, May 2013.
- “Le droit de la construction pour les architectes et ingénieurs” (with Kateri-Anne Grenier), Construction Superconference, Montreal, November 26, 2012.
- Canadian Bar Association
© Norton Rose Fulbright LLP 2021