Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Caroline Larouche handles all aspects of civil and commercial litigation, with a focus on securities litigation, insurance law, class actions and professional liability. She also takes an interest in private international law.
In the course of her diversified practice, Ms. Larouche has acted for major corporations, financial institutions and insurance companies in complex litigation before the Quebec courts. She has represented reporting issuers in connection with investigations by the Autorité des marchés financiers (Quebec securities commission) relating to insider trading, continuous disclosure obligations and material change reporting.
LL.B., University of Ottawa, 2010
LL.L., University of Ottawa, 2008
- Quebec 2010
Ms. Larouche is acting or acted recently in the following litigation matters:
- Resolute Forest Products (formerly AbitibiBowater Inc.) in the acquisition of Fibrek Inc., including several applications for orders prohibiting the use of a poison pill, and the private placement of special warrants
- Fibrek Inc. in determining the fair value of its shares following the exercise of the right to dissent
- L&F Indemnity Limited in an action against the liability insurers of Coopers & Lybrand seeking to have Quebec law apply to the insurance policies. This action was incidental to the “Castor case,” the longest-running lawsuit in Quebec and Canadian legal history, that consisted of actions in damages taken by private investors and financial institutions against the accounting firm and its partners following the bankruptcy of Castor Holdings Ltd.
- Reporting issuers and certain of their executives in investigations by the Autorité des marchés financiers (Quebec securities commission) concerning questionable transactions or the adequacy of continuous disclosure
- Companies involved in the supply of power systems solutions and services in the context of construction law litigation
- Insurance companies in coverage matters and various insureds in litigation ranging from latent defects and construction law to professional liability
- Silver Medallist, Civil Law Section, University of Ottawa
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Liaison Committee with the Financial Markets Administrative Tribunal