Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Vincent Rochette practises in all areas of civil, commercial and constitutional litigation, with an emphasis on class actions, contractual disputes, transnational litigation and appellate law.
Practising out of our Montréal and Québec offices, Mr. Rochette represents clients before all levels of court, including the Quebec Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada, and several administrative tribunals.
Over the years, Mr. Rochette has acted in a range of complex legal disputes, including environmental class actions and class actions in the areas of consumer law and human rights and freedoms. He has also participated in several contractual and regulatory disputes involving highly technical issues.
During the judicial year 2010-2011, Mr. Rochette clerked for Mr. Justice Louis LeBel at the Supreme Court of Canada.
LL.B., Université Laval, 2009
M.A., Université Laval, 2007
B.A., Université Laval, 2005
- Quebec 2010
Mr. Rochette has acted recently for the following clients:
- Holcim (Canada) Inc. in an environmental class action raising novel issues of prescription
- The Quebec Port Authority in two environmental class actions
- Versant Charlevoix inc. and its president and chief executive officer, in a consumer law class action
- The City of Gatineau in two class actions stemming from the student protests that took place in the spring of 2012
- Hydro-Québec in a motion for declaratory judgment seeking confirmation of its rights under the long-term supply contract with Churchill Falls (Labrador) Corporation Limited
- A federal employer in successfully challenging the jurisdiction and forum of the Quebec courts over a claim concerning the trustees of a Canada-wide pension plan
- Yannick Payette and Mammoet Canada Eastern Ltd. in their appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada in a file raising issues pertaining to the enforcement of restrictive covenants
- A physicians’ alliance in its intervention before the Supreme Court of Canada in Carter v Canada (Attorney General)
- Jean-François Morasse in his appeal before the Supreme Court of Canada in a contempt-of-court case
- Gaz Métro Limited Partnership in a regulatory proceeding before the National Energy Board dealing with TransCanada’s application for business and services restructuring proposal (RH‑003‑2011)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2019: recommended in Class Actions
- Acritas Stars 2019 – Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Acritas Stars 2018 – Designated as a "Star" lawyer by a panel of over 4,300 clients
- Dean’s list, Faculty of Law, Laval University (2009-2010)
- McCarthy Tétrault, Leadership Award (2009)
- Fraser Milner Casgrain bursary (2008)
- Master’s scholarship, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (2006-2007)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Young Bar Association of Montreal