Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Vincent Rochette deals in all aspects of civil, commercial and constitutional litigation. His practice focuses primarily on class actions, contractual disputes, transnational litigation as well as appeal proceedings, including before the Supreme Court of Canada.
Practising out of our Montréal and Québec offices, Mr. Rochette represents clients before all levels of courts and several administrative tribunals.
In the last few years, Mr. Rochette has acted in several complex legal disputes on behalf of Crown corporations and large local and international businesses. He has successfully represented a diverse clientele in several matters involving technical issues, including class actions and contractual and environmental disputes.
Mr. Rochette is currently leading the defence in several class actions regarding environmental, consumer law and human rights and freedoms issues. He frequently acts in disputes over issues concerning the administration of pension plans or stemming from natural resource development projects. He also intervenes in cases involving constitutional or administrative law issues.
During the judicial year 2010-2011, Mr. Rochette clerked for Mr. Justice Louis LeBel at the Supreme Court of Canada.
- LL.B., Université Laval, 2009
- M.A., Université Laval, 2007
- B.A., Université Laval, 2005
- Quebec 2010
Mr. Rochette has acted recently for the following clients:
- The Quebec Port Authority and CRH Canada Group Inc. in environmental class actions
- The Société des alcools du Québec, Arctic Cat Inc., Textron Inc., Bell Canada, Bell Mobility and Versant Charlevoix in consumer law class actions
- The City of Gatineau in two class actions stemming from the student protests that took place in the spring of 2012
- Hydro-Québec in a motion for declaratory judgment seeking confirmation of its rights under the long-term supply contract with Churchill Falls (Labrador) Corporation Limited
- Saint-Aubin E&P (Québec) Inc., a subsidiary of the French corporation Maurel & Prom, in successfully challenging the injunctive proceedings brought by Investissements PEA Inc. and Pétrolia Anticosti Inc. regarding the petroleum exploration and production projects on Anticosti Island
- A federal employer in successfully challenging the jurisdiction and forum of the Quebec courts over a claim concerning the trustees of a Canada-wide pension plan
- Yannick Payette and Mammoet Canada Eastern Ltd. in their appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada in a file raising issues pertaining to the enforcement of restrictive covenants
- A physicians' alliance in its intervention before the Supreme Court of Canada in Carter v Canada (Attorney General)
- Jean-François Morasse in his appeal before the Supreme Court of Canada in a contempt-of-court case
- Acritas Stars 2019-2021 – Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Acritas Stars 2018 – Designated as a "Star" lawyer by a panel of 4,300 clients
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Class action litigation, 2021
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2019-2020: recommended in Class Actions; 2020-2021: recommended in Litigation - Corporate Commercial; Litigation - Regulatory & Public Law; 2021: recommended in Litigation - Product Liability
- The Advocates' Society
- Canadian Bar Association
Publication | March 20, 2020 - 11 AM ET
Publication | July 2018