Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Vincent Filiatrault practises business law, with a focus on private mergers and acquisitions, complex commercial arrangements as well as infrastructure. Mr. Filiatrault also routinely advises clients on a wide range of corporate and commercial law matters.
Vincent has developed a business law practice ranging from advising small and medium enterprises in the context of mergers and acquisitions, as well as in the context of shareholders' agreements and other complex commercial agreements, to advising multinational corporations on large-scale transactions. In addition, Vincent has been involved in some of the most important public-private partnership transactions occurring in Quebec in recent years. Also, Vincent acted for clients in distressed M&A matters with a focus on the mining and resources industries, including in transactions made in the context of insolvency proceedings.
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2011
- B.B.A., HEC Montréal, 2008
- Quebec 2012
Mr. Filiatrault has advised:
- CDPQ Infra Inc., in connection with the Réseau Express Métropolitain, a SLR project realized as a public-public partnership having a value of more than $6 billion
- Projet REM s.e.c,. in connection with a call for tenders relating to advertising on the Réseau Express Métropolitain
- RONA inc., in its acquisition by Lowe's for approximately $3.2 billion
- RONA inc., in the acquisition of all its franchisees for approximately $193 million
- Beaudier Inc. and McInnis Cement Inc., in McInnis Cement's equity financing in connection with its $- billion cement plant project in Port-Daniel, Quebec
- Thrust Capital Partners, in connection with the creation of a private equity fund focused on the aeronautics sector and subsequent acquisitions
- Groupe Lune Rouge inc., in connection with numerous investments in start-ups
- TRJ Telecom inc. and its shareholders, in the context of its acquisition by Telecon Inc.
- A consortium comprised of Placements CMI Inc (Marcel Dutil family), Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and the Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec (F.T.Q.), in connection with the acquisition of all of Canam Group's Canadian operations, as well as certain assets in the United States and overseas, for an entreprise value totalling more than $840 million
- Investissement Québec in connection with (i) the filing by Nemaska Lithium Inc. and its affiliates for protection under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA), ii) the filing by BlackRock Metals Inc. and its affiliates under the CCAA, and (iii) its investment in the Polycor Group.
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2023-2024
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2023: recommended in Corporate Mid-Market; 2023: recommended in Mergers & Acquisitions
- Thomson Reuters Stand-out Lawyers, 2023
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- Association des étudiants en droit de l'Université de Montréal (University of Montreal law students' association)
- Former vice-president
May 23, 2023
September 21, 2021
Publication | March 03, 2023
Publication | October 04, 2021