Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Vincent Filiatrault practises business law, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Filiatrault also routinely advises clients on a wide range of corporate and commercial law matters.
During his law studies, he attended the China University of Political Science and Law in Beijing for one session, taking advantage of the opportunity to study Chinese law.
Mr. Filiatrault served as treasurer of the Pigeon Dissident, the law students’ newspaper at the University of Montreal and vice-president, professional relations of the law students association at the university.
LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2011
B.B.A., HEC Montréal, 2008
- Quebec 2012
Mr. Filiatrault has advised:
- CDPQ Infra Inc. - in the context the Réseau Express Métropolitain, a SLR project realized as a public-public partnership having a value of more than $6 billion
- RONA inc. - in its acquisition by Lowe's for approximately $3.2 billion
- RONA inc. - in the acquisition of all its franchisees for approximately $193 million
- Beaudier Inc. and McInnis Cement Inc. - in McInnis Cement's equity financing in connection with its $1 billion cement plant project in Port-Daniel, Quebec
- CDP Investissements inc. - in the sale of shares of R.A.D. Technologies inc. in favour of Dalkotech inc.
- La Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, Fondaction, le fonds de développement de la Confédération des syndicats nationaux pour la coopération et l'emploi et le Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec (F.T.Q.) - in an investment of approximately $45 million in Les Industries Spectra Premium Inc.
- Groupe Lou-Tec inc. - in the strategic acquisition of certain of its franchisees
- Groupe Lune Rouge inc. - in connection with numerous investments in start-ups
- Cirque du Soleil inc., - in its capacity as shareholder of Sid Lee, in the sale of its shares of Sid Lee to Hakuhodo DY Holdings
- Sverica International - in the sale of Pivot Data Centres, an IT infrastructure solutions business, to Rogers Communications Inc.
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- Association des étudiants en droit de l’Université de Montréal (University of Montreal law students' association)
- Former vice-president, professional relations
- Jeune Chambre de commerce de Montréal (Montreal junior chamber of commerce)