Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Oliver Moore is a commercial lawyer with experience advising companies regarding the leasing, acquisition, financing and development of real property assets. He has extensive experience negotiating, implementing and enforcing sophisticated leasing arrangements across a wide range of industry sectors. Oliver regularly advises on the real property aspects of M&A transactions, including risk management in connection with environmentally contaminated sites and has experience with national-level portfolio deals and dispositions of real property assets in the context of CCAA proceedings. Oliver assists clients with the environmental aspects of commercial real property transactions, including due diligence, risk management, retaining and directing environmental consultants, and crafting appropriate indemnities.
- Ontario 2010
Mr. Moore acted recently for:
- Brookfield Business Partners L.P. and its institutional partners, in the acquisition of Loblaw Companies Limited's gas station operations for a purchase price of approximately C$540 million. The acquired gas station network is one of the largest in Canada and includes 213 retail gas stations and associated convenience kiosks adjacent to Loblaw-owned grocery stores across the country. The gas stations will be rebranded as Mobil as part of an agreement with Imperial Oil, marking the introduction of the Mobil fuel brand into Canada
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, in connection with its investment of approximately US$500 million in Invenergy’s Wind projects
- The special committee of Enbridge Income Fund Holdings in its $1.76 billion investment in the Canadian segment of the Southern Lights Pipeline, which runs between Edmonton and Chicago
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., as administrative agent and collateral agent, in the US$1.45 billion senior secured credit facility providing term and revolving facilities in favour of Cedar Fair L.P., Magnum Management Corporation and Canada's Wonderland Company
- Barrick Gold Corporation in its acquisition of Equinox Minerals Limited for $7.3 billion in cash; the deal was among the largest transactions in the Canadian mining sector in 2011 and adds Equinox's large-scale Lumwana copper mine in Zambia to Barrick's portfolio
- Dundee Securities Ltd. and the other members of a syndicate of underwriters in connection with a $25 million prospectus qualified bought deal of common shares and warrants in Talon Metals Corp; proceeds from the offering will be used to fund Talon’s iron ore exploration project in Brazil
- Nortel Networks Limited and Nortel Networks Technology Corporation in connection with the sale of the Nortel Carling Campus to Public Works and Government Services Canada for a cash purchase price of $208 million
"Environmental Due Diligence in Brownfield Transactions," CANECT19 Conference, Vaughan, Ontario, May 7, 2019.
"Exclusive Covenants – Drafting and Enforcement Issues," International Council of Shopping Centres Law Conference 2019, Toronto, March 28, 2019.
"Co-Working Spaces: What You Did and Didn't Want to Know," The Six-Minute Commercial Leasing Lawyer Conference, Toronto, February 25, 2019.
"Environmental Due Diligence: Key Principles," CBA Environmental, Energy and Resources Law Summit, Winnipeg, MB, May 31, 2018.
"Subordination, Non-Disturbance and Attornment," International Council of Shopping Centres, Canada Law Conference, Toronto, April 30, 2018.
"Executions: Everything You Need to Know & Were Afraid to Ask," Carleton County Law Association 23rd Annual East Region Solicitors Conference, Montebello, QC, May 27, 2017.
"Pro Share is a Money Issue," International Council of Shopping Centres, Canada Law Conference, Toronto, April 28, 2017.
“Working with Letters of Intent – When are you bound?” International Council of Shopping Centres, Canada Law Conference, Toronto, April 22, 2016.
“Primer on Commercial Leasing from a Tenant's Perspective,” Invest Ottawa, Ottawa, May 17, 2016.
“Not-for-profit and Charitable Corporations,” Invest Ottawa, Ottawa, July 15, 2016.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ottawa Community Loan Fund
- Friends of the Certosa di Capri (Canada)
- The Miracle Marnie Foundation (member of the board)
Publication | March 2019
Publication | August 2017
Publication | May 2017
Amendments to the Ontario Business Corporations Act: what every Ontario corporation should know about the new record-keeping obligations
Publication | April 2017