Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Chantal Morillon's practice focuses on bank financing and real estate law. She has acted for clients in various domestic and cross-border financings in a variety of sectors, including real estate, manufacturing, agri-food, natural resources, renewable energy and maritime financing. She has also acquired extensive skills in using loans and subsidies to fund affordable housing. At the start of her career, Ms. Morillon worked several years in the legal department of a large multinational pulp and paper company before moving on to private practice. She acts for both lenders and borrowers. She has significant experience in drafting and negotiating financing documents, and counsels clients on how to structure and set up secured loans, syndicated loans, multi-jurisdiction financing, construction financing and inter-lender agreements.
Ms. Morillon is known for her practical approach, strong business acumen and quick responsiveness to clients. She practises in both French and English.
- Quebec 1993
Ms. Morillon acted recently for the following clients:
- Various Canadian banks structuring cross-Canada and cross-border (US-Canada) financing transactions and financing transactions involving security interests in Europe and Asia
- Various financial institutions in management buy-outs and subordinated debt transactions (mezzanine loans)
- Various lenders in maritime financing
- Various lenders in special real estate financing transactions, including the Centre des congrès de la Gaspésie, Capitole de Québec, Québec Central Railway, Massif de la Petite-Rivière-Saint-François, Valcartier Vacation Village, Calypso Theme Waterpark, Hôtel de Glace (ice hotel) and a number of financing transactions for the construction of commercial properties and hotel complexes
- Various lenders in several hypothecary financing transactions for commercial rental properties in the province of Quebec and hotel complexes
- Paragovernmental organizations in the financing of affordable housing
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Banking and Finance Law, 2022-2024
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Banking and Finance Law "Lawyer of the Year," 2023
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2013-2023: recommended in Banking & Financial Institutions