Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Chantal Morillon is a partner at Norton Rose Fulbright. Ms. Morillon practises principally in the areas of bank financing and real estate law.
She has acted for clients in various domestic and cross-border financings in a variety of sectors, including manufacturing, agricultural, natural resources and renewable energy. At the beginning of her career, she worked for several years in the legal department of a large multinational pulp and paper company before moving to private practice. She acts for both lenders and borrowers. She has significant experience in drafting and negotiating financing and security documents and in advising clients on the structure and completion of secured loans, syndicated loans, multi-jurisdiction financing, construction financing and inter-lender agreements.
Ms. Morillon is known for her practical approach, her strong business sense and her rapidity in responding to clients. She is fluently bilingual and practises in both French and English.
LL.B., Université Laval, 1992
B.B.A., Université Laval, 1993
- Quebec 1993
Ms. Morillon acted recently for the following clients:
- Various Canadian banks structuring cross-Canada and cross-border (US-Canada) financing transactions and financing transactions involving security interests in Europe and Asia
- Various financial institutions in management buy-outs and subordinated debt transactions (mezzanine loans)
- Various lenders in special real estate financing transactions, including the Centre des congrès de la Gaspésie, the Capitole de Québec, the Chemin de fer Québec Central, the Massif de la Petite‑Rivière‑Saint‑François, Valcartier Vacation Village, Calypso Theme Waterpark and a number of financing transactions for the construction of commercial properties
- Various lenders in several hypothecary financing transactions for commercial rental properties in the province of Quebec
- Northwest Healthcare Properties REIT in the acquisition of several medical buildings in the province of Quebec
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2014-2019: recommended in Banking & Financial Institutions