Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Caroline Jodoin advises provincially and federally regulated companies on all aspects of employment and labour law. She also represents them before various administrative tribunals in such matters as discrimination, harassment, employment termination and the interpretation and application of collective agreements. She has extensive experience in human rights issues, and has participated in a variety of significant certification mandates.
Ms. Jodoin also assists employers in the daily management of their labour relations and the negotiation of their collective agreements, and often acts as spokesperson. She has developed skills in management styles that help reduce or eliminate employees' interest in unionizing, and is often called upon to advise clients on the subject.
Within the firm, Ms. Jodoin is president of the Montreal chapter of the Women in Norton Rose (WiN) network and, as such, sits on the management committee in Montreal. She also sits on the Liaison Committee of the Human Rights Tribunal and on the Human Resources Committee of the Bar of Montreal's board of directors. She is also a member of the AMBAQ's board of directors.
- Quebec 2014
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Ones to Watch: Labour and Employment Law, 2024
- "Le processus d'évaluation du caractère représentatif d'une association de salariés au Québec tient-il toujours la route?" (co-author), Norton Rose Fulbright legal update, [online], August 2017.
- "Commentaire sur la décision Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux du Nord-de-l'Île de Montréal c. Jobin, ès qualités – Agiter l'épouvantail de la réorganisation du travail" (co-author), Bulletin en ressources humaines, Éditions Yvon Blais, June 27, 2017.
- "Workplace Reorganizations: Quebec Employers Beware" (co-author), The Lawyer's Daily, [online], June 21, 2017.
- "Minimum Wage Increase in Quebec: Some Employers are Flexing Their Muscles" (co-author), Global Workplace Insider, [online], May 8, 2017.
- "Does the Exercise of the Religious Right to Wear a Turban Override the Obligation to Wear a Safety Hat?" (co-author), Global Workplace Insider, [online], October 5, 2016.
- "Improper Comments on Social Networks: A Serious Cause Justifying Dismissal?" Global Workplace Insider, [online], August 1, 2016.
- "Damages to the Reputation: A Serious Motive for Termination?" Global Workplace Insider, [online], July 13, 2016.
- "What Implications Does a Change in the Ownership of a Business Have for Employment?" Global Workplace Insider, [online], December 14 "Collective Consultation on Redundancy – What Obligations Do Employers Have?" (co-author), Global Workplace Insider, [online], February 25, 2015.
- "Harassment Complaint in the Workplace and Internal Investigations: Does Procedural Fairness Apply?" Global Workplace Insider, [online], January 15, 2015.
- "Recent labour law developments," Norton Rose Fulbright Canada, Montreal, 2016.
- "Recent labour law developments," Norton Rose Fulbright Canada, Montreal, 2015.
- "Drugs and alcohol in the workplace," Norton Rose Fulbright Canada, Montreal, 2014.
- President, Women in Norton Rose (WiN) network, Montreal chapter, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada
- Director, Association of MBAs of Quebec
- Member, Liaison Committee, Bar of Montreal
- Member, Human Resources Committee, Bar of Montreal
Webinar | July 06, 2022
Publication | June 3, 2022
Webinar | December 08, 2021