Lady Africa Sheppard
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Lady Africa Sheppard’s practice covers all aspects of corporate and commercial law, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions and securities matters. She also works with a number of companies on their corporate governance matters. In addition, she is the Canadian alternative resourcing lead and looks at ways of innovating and working differently within the firm.
Before joining Norton Rose Fulbright, Ms. Sheppard worked in London for a start-up in the payment services industry and concentrated on European and Asian legal and regulatory questions and on worldwide business and partnership development.
Ms. Sheppard is a member of the executive committee of the Young Directors of the Institute for Governance of Private and Public Organizations, that organizes the program "Directors of Tomorrow" for young professionals interested in corporate governance. In keeping with her interest in corporate governance and her desire to maintain strong ties to her community, she is the chair of the board of directors of a non-profit organization.
- M.Sc., Law and Finance, Queen Mary University of London, 2014
- B.C.L./LL.B., McGill University, 2012
- Quebec 2015
Ms. Sheppard has acted recently for the following clients:
- CDPQ Infra Inc., in connection with the Réseau électrique métropolitain de Montréal project
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc., in its cross-border private placement of senior secured notes
- Bombardier Inc., in its cross-border private placement of senior notes and the sale of its Amphibious Aircraft program to Viking Air
- Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc., in its public issuances of common shares and subordinated debentures
- Laurentian Bank of Canada, in its acquisition of the Canadian equipement and corporating financing activities of CIT Group Inc., its public issuance of subscription receipts and its base shelf prospectus renewal
- Canadian Bar Association
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- Member of the executive commitee, Young Directors of the Institute for Governance of Private and Public Organizations
- Chair, Association québécoise des jeunes parlementaires