Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Jaclyn Hesje-Platis is an associate on our energy and infrastructure M&A team.
Ms. Hesje-Platis joined the Calgary office as a summer student in 2011. She practises corporate and commercial law and has experience in a range of infrastructure and energy-related matters, including mergers and acquisitions, asset transactions, general commercial agreements, regulatory matters, asset risk analysis, financing transactions and securities regulation.
Ms. Hesje-Platis has experience with energy-related and non-energy related mergers, acquisitions and restructuring transactions, including conducting due diligence and drafting and negotiating transaction documents. In addition to transactional work, Ms. Hesje-Platis has experience drafting and advising on a wide range of commercial agreements, including supply and master services agreements and advising on a wide range of general corporate matters.
Ms. Hesje-Platis was seconded for eight months to a significant TSX-listed energy company where she acted as interim legal counsel.
Before attending law school, Ms. Hesje-Platis had five years of experience in general and contract administration in the engineering, construction and oil and gas industry. She worked both locally and abroad, including work in the Alberta oil sands.
- Alberta 2013
Ms. Hesje-Platis' recent work includes:
- Part of a team advising PETRONAS and its wholly owned Canadian subsidiary PETRONAS Energy Canada Ltd. in connection with a series of dispositions of participating interests in the integrated Pacific Northwest LNG Project to affiliates of Japan Petroleum Exploration Ltd., PetroleumBRUNEI, Indian Oil Corporation, Sinopec and China Huadian Corporation
- Part of a team advising PETRONAS Carigali Canada Ltd. and its affiliates on the development of an upstream shale gas and associated LNG export project, including negotiating and drafting its project agreements and the disposition of project interests to joint venture partners
- Part of a team advising PETRONAS and its affiliated with the acquisition for a 25% participating interest in the LNG Canada project from affiliates of Shell, PetroChina and KOGAS following the completion of the acquisition
- Part of a team advising a private owner in a public/private partnership development
- Part of a team advising a Canadian upstream consumables supplier on its acquisition of a proppant mine in the United States and related financings
- Preparing sales, services and logistics agreements for a significant upstream consumables supplier
- Part of the due diligence team acting for Ember Resources and Brookfield Asset Management Inc., in the acquisition by Ember of natural gas assets from Apache Canada Ltd. for $220 million
- Part of the due diligence team acting for Brookfield Infrastructure in the purchase of Enbridge Inc.'s Canadian natural gas gathering and processing business for $4.31 billion
- Part of the due diligence team acting for Crescent Point Energy Corporation $7.6 million acquisition of Viking Assets in the Dodsland area from Polar Star Canadian Oil and Gas Inc.
- "Gross Negligence in Canadian Energy Contracts," Alberta Law Review, December 2013.
- Calgary Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Energy Law Foundation - Energy Law Fundamental Seminar Planning Committee 2015, 2017
- Canadian Energy Law Foundation – Jasper Seminar Planning Committee 2020