Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Jaclyn Hesje-Platis is an associate in our energy and infrastructure practice group.
Ms. Hesje-Platis joined the Calgary office as a summer student in 2011. She practices corporate law and specializes in a range of infrastructure and energy-related matters, including mergers and acquisitions, asset transactions, general commercial agreements, regulatory matters, asset risk analysis, financing transactions and securities regulation.
Ms. Hesje-Platis was seconded for eight months to a significant TSX-listed energy company where she acted as interim legal counsel.
Before attending law school, Ms. Hesje-Platis had five years of experience in general and contract administration in the engineering, construction and oil and gas industry. She worked both locally and abroad, including work in the Alberta oil sands.
- Alberta 2013
Ms. Hesje-Platis' recent work includes:
- Advising a Canadian upstream consumables supplier with its acquisition of a proppant mine in the United States and related financings.
- Preparing sales, services and logistics agreements for a significant upstream consumables supplier.
- A TSX-listed company assisting with its dual-listing application to the AIM Market of the London Stock Exchange and concurrent private placement.
- Part of a team advising PETRONAS Carigali Canada Ltd. and its affiliates on the development of an upstream shale gas and associated LNG export project, including negotiating and drafting of its project agreements and the disposition of project interests to joint venture partners.
- Drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements for the sale of businesses.
- Crescent Point Energy Corporation $7.6 million acquisition of Viking Assets in the Dodsland area from Polar Star Canadian Oil and Gas Inc.
- "Gross Negligence in Canadian Energy Contracts," Alberta Law Review, December 2013.