Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Michael Bolitho practises commercial real estate law, including commercial leasing (both on behalf of landlords and tenants), commercial acquisitions and dispositions, condominium development, real estate development, drafting and negotiating construction contracts, real estate advice on mergers and acquisitions, and real estate-based financing.
He has had a leading role representing landlords and tenants on large commercial leasing transactions involving build-to-suit, office, retail and industrial premises. He has extensive experience representing vendors and purchasers on the acquisition and disposition of office towers, retail projects, industrial projects, corporate campus facilities and development sites.
Mr. Bolitho has acted as the team lead for real estate on numerous significant mergers and acquisitions transactions. He acts as the team lead for real estate for a number of firm clients whose businesses involve a multitude of business sectors.
Prior to beginning law school, he worked for four years in various areas of the commercial real estate industry in Calgary.
He has completed level 1 and 2 legal project management certification.
LL.B., University of Calgary, 2007
B.A., University of Calgary, 2002
- Alberta 2008
Mr. Bolitho has acted recently for the following clients:
- Oxford Properties Group Inc. and 1023800 Alberta Ltd. in the C$312-million sale of Calgary Place
- H&R REIT as it completed its C$500-million bond offering secured by a 58-storey office building in Calgary known as “The Bow” and issued by Centre Street Trust, a wholly owned entity of H&R REIT (acting as Alberta counsel)
- Bill McCulloch & Associates Inc. Prize in Debtor/Creditor Relations, 2007
- Canadian Petroleum Tax Society Faculty of Law Prize (for performance in Law 541: Business Taxation), 2006
- Ronald D. Bell Scholarship (academic merit in taxation law), 2006
- C. Anne Simpson Prize (highest standing between Law 527: Taxation Law & Policy and Law 541: Business Taxation), 2006
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
Canada: New details regarding Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance for small businesses – Application portal opening May 25
Publication | May 22, 2020 - 11 AM ET
Publication | April 27, 2020 - 5 PM ET