Partner, Canadian Co-Head of Information Governance, Privacy and Cybersecurity
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
- Litigation and disputes
- Information governance, privacy and cybersecurity
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
John also maintains a general commercial civil litigation practice with a particular focus on insolvency and restructuring matters.
- Alberta 2011
- Federal privacy commissioner issues privacy law guidance bulletin during emergency pandemic.
- Data Privacy Day 2020 – Canadian Privacy Law Developments on the Horizon.
- Data Protection Report: Office of Privacy Commissioner says its status quo on consent requirements for data processing transfers.
- The Priority of Municipal Tax Claims in Receiverships: Addressing a Vexing Issue for the Courts and Practitioners, Annual Review of Insolvency Law 2018.
- Canada's Mandatory Privacy Breach Reporting Requirements Coming Into Force in Canada November 1.
- Corporate Policies for Internet & Technology Use in the Workplace (co-author), Alberta Law Conference, 2012.
- Investigations to Support Just Cause Dismissals - Best Practices and Common Pitfalls (co-author).
- Workshop: Interactive Business Interruption Scenario, NetDiligence Cyber Risk Summit, Toronto, February 19-21, 2020.
- "Recent Developments in Data Privacy Regulation and Risk Mitigation and Compliance Strategies," Canadian Technology Law Association (Can-Tech) 2019 Annual Conference, Toronto, October 28-29, 2019.
- "Privacy Law Considerations in Commercial Transactions," Canadian Bar Association, Alberta Business Law Section, Calgary, October 17, 2019.
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2022: recommended in Data Protection & Privacy
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
Webinar | November 10, 2021
Blog | March 11, 2021
Publication | February 25, 2021
Publication | December 9, 2020