Related services and key industries
John Cassell maintains a general commercial civil litigation practice with a particular focus on insolvency and restructuring, construction, and commercial landlord-tenant related claims.
Mr. Cassell also has experience advising clients on all aspects of privacy law including: access to information requests, complaints and proceedings before the Privacy Commissioner of Alberta, privacy breaches involving the disclosure of personal information and advising on legislative and regulatory compliance issues.
LL.B., University of Calgary, 2010
B.A., University of Calgary, 2005
- Alberta 2011
- Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, Canadian National Qualifying Tournament, Top Oralist, Championship Round A, 2009
- Class of 91’ Law Bursary, 2009
- Jason Lang Scholarship, 2009
- Joseph P. & Victoria M. McCaffery Law Bursary, 2008
- Canada's Mandatory Privacy Breach Reporting Requirements Coming Into Force in Canada November 1
- Corporate Policies for Internet & Technology Use in the Workplace (co-author), Alberta Law Conference, 2012.
- Investigations to Support Just Cause Dismissals - Best Practices and Common Pitfalls (co-author).
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Pro Bono Students Canada, 2007-2008
Publication | April 2018
Publication | September 2017